Ch. 1 - The Night Things Changed

Part 5 - Two Humans and a Demon

After a day where he swore every single person that came into their understaffed Starbucks ordered a frappuccino, Gabriel was ready to just pass out completely on his bed.

Fate had other plans for him for as soon as Gabriel walked into the room, beady green eyes staring at him from the counter stools were smiling at him. Without saying anything, Gabriel knew Domitri wanted something.

"What do you want, Dom?" Gabriel sighed.

"Please go to the gym with me," The blond-haired man said. Dom was in his gym/casual attire. Fleece shorts or sweats, a random t-shirt, and his favorite jacket. Gabriel cursed himself knowing he could have figured it out himself.

It framed his bulky form nicely that he was always interested in showing off.

"I just got off work dude," Gabe groaned. "Can't you ask Aiden?"

"Aiden's out with his mom," Dom explained. "And he worked out this morning."

"So why didn't you go workout with him in the morning?" Gabriel asked, heading for his room.

"I was busy!" Dom followed Gabriel to his room, letting himself in. Both knew it was a lie and that Dom had slept in late.

Dom flicked the lights on and the harsh white lights felt blinding.

"Turn that off," Gabriel hissed, flicking on his lamp.

Gabriel untied his bright green apron and chucked it into his hamper. He began unbuttoning his black button-down shirt that was a little too tight. But showed off his nice muscles while in front of the mirror.

"Just an hour at most, please!" Dom begged Gabriel, who were looking at each other through the mirror.

Gabriel only sighed as he pulled off his button-down shirt and his white tank top under it.

It was typical of him to workout most days, but on days like this he really just wanted to take a shower and go to bed. Though Dom was incredibly persistent and maybe he should just workout to feel better about himself after a shitty day at work.

Gabriel had been in sports most of his life. Football in the summer/fall, wrestling right after, and then discus or something during the spring. He used to swim but wasn't good at it and wanted to get bigger instead.

After starting college he had decided to stop with most sports since the main reason he did them was no longer in his life.

He did not miss the spandex at all.

"I'm tired dude, I just got off work..." Gabriel began, kicking off his work shoes.

"And it's only like 5pm!" Dom interrupted. "We can workout, come back and eat food 'cause I think Aiden's mom is gonna cook for us! Pleeeeeeeeeeeeeaassseeee! You can have first dibs in the shower!"

Gabriel thought Dom was 5 seconds away before he got on his hands and knees and begged. While he wouldn't mind seeing that he was getting sick of Dom's whining which he knew would go on for another 45 minutes.

"Fine," Gabriel mumbled.

As Dom cheered in the background, Gabriel yanked open his dresser and pulled out a black pair of workout shorts that he had and pulled down his black jeans. Gabriel yoinked his wallet and keys out at the same time from his pockets as he left them on the ground.

Dom and him were close, closer than most best friends ever got. It made them both comfortable changing in front of each other, let's just say that.