Ch. 11 - The First Date

"These are the biggest skates we have, man," The clerk at the counter said.

Zekai smiled as he thanked the man. The large-footed man took the large pair of skates as he walked back over to the table in just his socks.

"They don't even look bigger than the last ones," Gabe said as Zekai sat down at the table and began to shove his foot in the shoe.

This had been the fourth pair of skates Zekai had tried on; they were screwed if these didn't fit. The big man had already decided that if they didn't fit he was just going to shove his foot in them anyway and would pay for a replacement if needed.

"I guess they don't make skates for big ass de-udes like me," Zekai shrugged.

"Must not have very many Swedish customers," Elliot whispered under his breath as he nudged Zekai.

"I'd be very surprised if they did," Zekai winked.

"What?" Gabe tilted his head, that made no sense. Considering they were in a decently sized city, it'd be very unlikely that there hadn't been at least a couple people who were Swedish or partially Swedish.

"Don't think about it-"

"Inside joke," Elliot said at the same time as Zekai.

Gabe looked even more confused, Elliot looked to Zekai with eyes screaming "what do we do?" What was going on?

"Yeah... it's a complicated inside joke bro, dude... babe," Zekai smiled.

"Heh," Elliot smiled, tugging at the collar of his shirt.

"Alright..." Gabe said. He would remember this but didn't want to sour his mood. Surely there was an answer to their strange ways they just didn't want to bring up now.

Zekai finished putting on his skates, which were still a bit tight but fit a lot better than the previous ones.

"Hey, these fit!" Zekai said as he abruptly stood up.

Zekai immediately started sliding and nearly took the table out with him. Instinctively, Gabe grabbed onto Zekai's arm to keep him steady. The black bristles of arm hair brushed against his hand.

Gabe felt his hands warm up. He couldn't, nor wouldn't, let go.

Such strong arms, Gabe thought, moving his hand a bit and feeling the strong arm. Who knew arm hair could feel this nice. Oh, fuck am I stroking it?

"Elliot why the fuck did you suggest this?" Zekai yelled in laughter. "I'm gonna embarrass myself in front of Gabe!"

"You haven't stopped talking about trying it since Hunter and Zekaj mentioned the time they went!" Elliot laughed, grabbing onto Zekai's other arm. "And embarrassing yourself in front of Gabe is inevitable."

"I never embarrassed myself in front of you!" Zekai frowned.

"You cried on our first date," Elliot laughed.

"I cried because I was happy!" Zekai smiled. "You said it was cute!"

"I did..." Elliot blushed. "Still do..."

"So you gonna cry at the end of this one too?" Gabe smirked.

"I might!" Zekai smiled, not realizing Gabe was making fun of him.

Zekai secured an arm around Elliot and held Gabe's hand with the other.

"Let's do this," Zekai said, trying to stand up straight. "If I fall I'm taking you guys with me."

"Just hold onto the wall," Gabe said.

"And keep your feet shoulder-width apart," Elliot added. "Slow gentle movements."