Ch. 8 - Flashback in a Film Reel

Gabe closed the door, backing himself into it. Taking a deep breath, he felt his heartbeat in his chest. The constant thump only made him more overwhelmed.

A simple walk home was all it was supposed to be.

How could a five minute walk home feel like an hour?

Why was everything moving so fast?

"You good?" A sudden female voice said to Gabe.

Gabe jumped, his on edge mind not expecting anyone to be home. Which was dumb as he had known Kiara, Aiden's mom, was cooking dinner for them tonight.

"Yeah, yeah I'm fine," Gabe lied straight through his teeth.

It was obvious Kiara saw right through him but Gabe wasn't about to budge. It was his time to be on the receiving end of her knowing look and he wasn't too comfortable with that.

Luckily neither Dom nor Aiden were in the living room at the moment. So he could just hide in his room till dinner was finished. If they were there, they, mainly Dom, would try to get it out of him what happened just five minutes ago.

And frankly, Gabe wasn't even sure what happened five minutes ago. He was confused and had no answers as to what was going on. It was all moving fast and it felt like some information was being left out.

Gabe ripped his apron off, tossed it aside, and pulled his shirt and pants off just as quickly. All he wanted to do was curl up in the comforts of his bed and sleep the confusion away, but the last thing he wanted was to sleep all gross and sweaty in his sheets.

Without much thought, Gabe grabbed some clothes and headed to the shower, making sure not to forget his phone. Not minding the fact he was only in his underwear.

Before his door was even open an inch, bickering could be heard throughout the apartment from Dom and Aiden in the kitchen. He couldn't hear what exactly was being talked about, not that he honestly cared. Gabe had no idea how Aiden and Dom managed to fall in love with the other man. Not that Aiden nor Dom seemed ready to admit it.

As he turned the water on, Gabe heard his phone Ding! as his phone lit up with a notification popping up. Gabe opened the message not bothering to read the notif, Gabe groaned when he saw the name at the top of the message.

Zekai & Elliot <3

What time are you off work on Friday?

The single text read. Though above that one was a larger photo of Zekai and Elliot's contact photo, showing a bright smiled Zekai and a shocked Elliot, that had been sent from his phone earlier.

Gabe immediately locked the phone, setting it on the sink. Out of sight, out of mind.

Though no matter how much he tried to not think about the walk home, its events protruded his mind. Stepping in the shower, he thought back to the walk home.

"Yes, your world. And all of your nooks and crannies," Zekai winked.

Zekai closed his eyes and began to lean into a kiss, before he could, Gabe swiftly turned away and began walking away. Heading towards the apartment complex.

When the tall man realized his kiss wasn't getting anywhere he opened his eyes, seeing the swift walking man. Zekai glowered at the man, annoyed he didn't kiss back.

"You're moving too fast," Elliot whispered, as Zekai began speed walking back up to his side.

Ignoring Elliot, Zekai wrapped an arm around Gabe who frowned, looking up at the slightly taller man.

"You can't leave me hanging, dude," Zekai said, giving the man his best puppy dog eyes.

"That's not going to work on me," Gabe said, acting calmly, though his heart was racing.