Ch. 9 - Green Light Go

Gabe had one day.

Twenty-four hours until he was supposed to go on a date with Zekai and Elliot.

He didn't know what to do. On one hand, a date with not one, but two hot dudes. On the other, a date with two dudes who are already in a relationship seemed like a trainwreck waiting to happen.

Poly wasn't something Gabe was sure he was even into. He knew the basics and that was mostly it. Wouldn't being in a poly relationship be twice as hard as being in a normal one?

Sure he had a bit of a crush brewing on both of them, but he wasn't sure if the three of them together would even work. And he would hate to break apart a relationship that seemed so loving.

Gabe sighed, leaning back in his chair as he kept his eyes focused on the board. Not that he was honestly paying much attention to the professor talking about something that had nothing to do with the class.

Luckily Zekai had stopped with his texts. Except one from this morning that could have easily been from Elliot too.

Zekai and Elliot <3

Hope you have a nice day.

Gabe looked at his phone as he read the text back over, a small smile twitching its way through his stoic expression. Biting his lip, Gabe kept himself from being too excited and thoughtless like he was this morning.

Looking back down at the phone, right under the text from Elliot. Gabe saw his own, that he had sent when he had just woken up and hadn't thought it through.

Same to you two.

Gabe cringed a bit. How four words could hold so much meaning was astonishing.

It wasn't just him saying good morning, it was him actually showing interest. While sure he did have interest, he didn't want to exactly tell them until he was certain he was even going on this date.

Inside his head, Gabe knew he was overreacting. But he hadn't felt like this before, ever.

It was scary.

He needed to talk to Aiden. He would know what to do.

Aiden always had the perfect advice, he just wasn't the best at following his own. His crush on Dom had been going on for almost two years now and yet Aiden still hadn't made a move and still hadn't even accepted it.

Gabe immediately found his messages with Aiden and quickly sent him a text to figure out where he was. This was the last class of his day, he could spend the rest of his night complaining to Aiden.

As he continued to think to himself, Gabe didn't realize class was over until people started to stand up and pack up their belongings. Quickly he threw everything into his bag that sat on the floor in between his feet and walked out of the room.

The bright green grass of the quad showed through the doors leading out of the lecture hall when Gabe's phone buzzed in his pocket. Gabe pulled it out as he used his other hand to push the door open for the person behind him.

Aiden

At the Library, 3rd Floor NW Corner. What's up?

Gabe didn't respond, believing it would just be better to explain once he got there. It also gave him the time to think about what exactly to say, how exactly he felt, and what he even wanted to do deep down.

The library loomed in the distance as he continued on his way.

*****

"So you were asked to go on a date with them?" Aiden said as he closed his textbook. This was going to require his full attention. Gabe was a straight-faced man but on the inside a complete wreck of human emotions.