Bail me out

Alex's pov age 14

Shit. Shit. Shit. "You're dead, kid." Ollie smirked. I was in my room, and he just so happened to come in at the perfect time, right as the smoke left my lips.

••••••••

"He's here!" Ryley yelled from downstairs. I immediately jumped out of bed and raced downstairs, just as Ollie walked in the front door. I ran straight to him, and he wasn't at all surprised. He wrapped his arms around me and held me tight. "Missed you." I mumbled into his shoulder. "Missed you more." He answered.

I eventually let go and let Ryley warp him in a hug. "Welcome home, squirt." He teased. "Glad to be home, old man." Ollie smiled back. "Watch it. I can still beat your ass." Ryley laughed, ruffling his hair. "Hell no, that's what you have him for. I stopped being a victim a long time ago." Ollie teased, pointing to me. I rolled my eyes, not liking the attention. "You shouldn't swear so much Oliver, what sort of example are you setting for your baby brother?" I mock scolded. "Don't act like you're so innocent." Ryley smiled. "Oh?" Ollie asked. I huffed, I'm already being teamed up on.

"Go grab my bags please, I would have but I knew you'd run straight to me. I don't blame you, imagine being stuck with this guy, jeez." Ollie teased, winking at me. "You're awfully mouthy little boy." Ryley scolded jokingly. "Ah shit I'm in trouble." Ollie laughed. "I've been busting your ass since you were seven, I'll still flip you over my knee." Ryley warned, putting Ollie in a headlock for effect.

I sighed and walked out to Ollie's car, grabbing his bags from the backseat. He is visiting for a week or so and I couldn't be happier. I miss him tons. I love Ryley, but he doesn't share the little brother bond. Before I went inside I pulled my juul from my waistline, taking a hit. They don't have to know.

I walked back in the house, lugging his bags with me. "Did you take over my room?" He asks when I get inside. "Oh, um yeah. Ryley moved my stuff in there after we threw the 'no more pain in the ass' party." I answered. Ollie smirked, proud of my sarcasm. "Watch it." Ryley scolded from the livingroom. "I was allowed to say ass when I was twelve, lay off a little." Ollie argued. Ryley just rolled his eyes and glared at Ollie when he thought I wasn't looking.

"Alright I haven't been here in forever, tell me everything I missed." Ollie smiled, sitting us all down on the couch. "Well there's not much to tell." I mumbled. "Alex got caught with a beer two weeks ago at a 'study group' I wore him out pretty good for that." Ryley said casually. I huffed, of course he'd bring that up. "Ouch." Ollie hissed. "You don't even know." I mumbled. "Trust me kid, I know. I've done everything you have done, and everything you haven't done yet." Ollie laughed, making Ryley chuckle. I went into the kitchen, 'for a drink', but in reality I took another hit off my vape and waved the smoke away before coming back. I made sure to grab a pepsi, I'm not dumb.

I set the table and we ate dinner in casual conversation, just enjoying each other's company. I went up to my room when we were done. I took a shower and sat down in my computer chair, pulling my vape off the charger. I was only gonna take a few hits, then go join them downstairs again. I took a hit, letting it fill my lungs and throat before letting it out. I did it again. Again. Again.

Shit. Shit. Shit. "You're dead, kid." Ollie smirked. He just so happened to come in at the perfect time, right as the smoke left my lips. I looked at him in horror. "I thought I smelt something familiar on you. You'd get fidgeting and leave the room, just to come back calm. I really tried to give you the benefit of the doubt here, kid. But I could smell it in the hallway." He sighed. "H-how?" I asked. "Did I never tell you? I got caught vaping a few times, the first time I was dumb enough to leave a pod out on the porch. Ryley got me good. Second time, he could smell it on me. I will never forget the smell that brought me one of the most embarrassing ass beatings. Mango juul pod." He explained.