Episode 2: Putting the situation in perspective

[Kiyotaka POV]

Horikita explained the situation so far.

When they awoke, they found themselves in a white room where everyone seemed to be sleeping. She appeared to be the first to awaken, but no new information had been discovered.

Nevertheless, listening to her still behaving like class D's leader was strangely calming. I look around the room again.

There are no doors, windows, or even ventilation openings in the walls of the room we are in. It really is just a white box. There is no furniture, just a bed in the corner of the room. Is it a place to take a break?

There are six persons confined in the room, including me. Weirdly enough, apart from me, they are all girls.

Suzune Horikita [The puppet leader of class D]

Mio Ibuki [A student from class-C and a close associate of Ryuuen's inner circle]

Honami Ichinose [The naive leader of Class-B, with the attitude of a pure angel]

Kei Karuizawa [The queen bee of class D's girls, and the only one closest to me]

Arisu Sakayanagi [Smug loli]

They are all pretty girls, although of different types. Like flowers spread across a garden, each with its unique scent, shape, and color, but beautiful nevertheless. The only oddity in this floral paradise is me, the only boy. I wish I wasn't put in such an incomprehensible situation.

''This whole room is so bizarre. But Ayanokouji-Kun must be having fun. This must feel a bit like a harem. You being the only boy and all.''

Ichinose looked at me and smiled. A few minutes ago she looked anxious, but now she seems to be enjoying herself.

''I don't know if I'd call it a harem. It's not like you guys like me or anything."

The room was strangely silent, the five of them were nervously looking at their feet, trying not to meet my eyes.

The fact that there are more girls does not mean that anything is going to happen. Even in this group, the only one I get on with is Kei. I can easily talk with Ichinose because of her personality, but I don't have much intimate interaction with the other three.

To stop the awkward silence, I decided to talk again.

''I wonder if the six people here are random or deliberate. Hopefully, it will give us a clue to get out of here."

Ibuki narrowed her eyes as she folded her arms. This is in contrast to Ichinose, who looked easy-going. 

''Don't overthink. This is a dream, and of course, you'll wake up sooner or later. Don't be so uptight, just take your time.

Horikita spoke out loud.

''But is it really a dream? For someone like Horikita, who is the leader of class-D, you seem awfully optimistic.'' Ibuki stated.

''What is it if not a dream? It's quite difficult to abduct six people, even if they're students. Besides, kidnapping is a pretty serious offense, so I don't think the rewards outweigh the risks. Realistically speaking, I don't see how this is possible."

''That's true, but ......"

Horikita's opinion silenced Ibuki. Normally, Horikita would be right. However, it is also true that she herself feels somewhat unsure.