Episode 3: An awkward time

[Kiyotaka POV]

 As with the darkening, the room abruptly brightened.

However, there is an indescribably awkward atmosphere in the room. If I'm not mistaken, something along the lines of 'to get out of this room, you have to have sex' was written on the wall. The girls who were supposed to be huddled together have been distancing themselves away from me for some time. Can't really say I blame them.

''Hey, hey, Ayanokouji, what's going on? We need to have s-s-sex... oooh, that's not right. Is this a p-prank?"

''Calm down, Ichinose. I don't need you to blame me, it's not like I did anything."

Ichinose was, indeed, the first girl to approach me. For me, it was an accusation, but I was grateful. If the delicate silence was to continue, it would be preferable if she stated her thoughts openly.

That way I can dispel any misunderstandings that may arise.

''Uh, that's, uh, that's true, but...You know, if I'm supposed to have s-s-sex, Ayanokouji-kun is the only partner I have."

''I disagree. It doesn't necessarily mean that. It could be a metaphor or a riddle of some kind, or...'' I eyed the five girls in front of me ''It could be that the girls are OK with each other.''

''Oh, girl to girl...... Ayanokouji-kun, I didn't know you had a yuri fetish, don't w-worry I won't j-judge!"

''......''

I said something logical, but Ichinose surprised me by seeming to overreact. She is a natural conversationist and can probably get along with anyone, but perhaps she is not good at these topics.

''Fufufu... Ayanokouji-kun is right, maybe we shouldn't be so quick to judge. Sex can also mean from the same gender, and it is possible that the message was a prank or a trap. A new special exam, maybe?"

Sakayanagi remarked in a calm tone. It's good that she supports what I'm saying, but I'm flabbergasted that she, with her lovely petite looks, mentioned 'sex'. No, why am I getting upset?

''Right, let's all calm down here. We don't even know if that message is correct, and I don't think it's a good idea to panic over uncertain information. Also, don't blame Ayanokouji-kun. Whether this is a dream or not, it doesn't mean he did anything."

When Horikita said this to mend the situation, the awkward atmosphere seemed to soften somewhat. As might be expected of class D's puppet leader.

But as if to mock us, the room darkened again.

In the darkness, the letters emerged again.

'Definition of sex. The insertion of the penis into the vagina and ejaculation. Repeating this twice fulfills the conditions for escape.'

The letters disappeared and the room became as bright as it was before.

But everyone remains quiet and silence fills the room.

As the only boy in the room, it is very, or rather, maximally awkward. What the hell are those instructions? It's like they've completely blocked the escape route I've painfully told them to take.

''Ridiculous. It's a bad joke. Ryuuen you are behind this arent you! Are you watching us through a camera? I can already hear your kukuku. What the hell do you think you're doing?"

Ibuki said as if to spit at the invisible enemy with a grim expression on her face. To her, who seems to be a fiery person, 'sex' must feel like an unforgivable task to do. Suddenly, my eyes met Ibuki's, but she looked away in a hurry. I feel as if an imaginary wall has been formed between me and all the girls, not just her.