Episode 1: The white room and the six students

[Kiyotaka POV]

As I opened my eyes I found myself in a room I didn't recognize.

The room is all white, like a big box. How nostalgic.

A dream, perhaps? I looked around the room to clear my foggy head.

Away from me, there were a few uniformed girls lying on the floor. There are a total of five of them. It was my school's uniform, and I knew their faces. One of the girls spots me and approaches me.

''Ayanokouji-Kun, you were here too. Are you okay, nothing wrong with you right?"

Suzune Horikita, class D's leader and my neighbor, peered at me with concern. Her straight black hair sways and her well-defined face comes unexpectedly close to me. 

She raised her hand to my forehead, to check my temperature. I had to slightly back away due to how close she was.

''Yeah, I'm a bit light-headed, but I'm fine. what about you?''

''I'm fine. But I think we got bigger problems than just my physical condition."

Horikita started walking toward the other girls.

Unsure, I follow her. The room seems to be quite spacious, but the patternless white walls make it difficult to get a sense of distance. Apart from Horikita, there were four other girls: two were awake and the other two were fast asleep on the white floor. It is a surreal scene.

''Wow, it's Kiyo-I mean Ayanokouji-kun. So it's not only girls here."

Kei Karuizawa, who is in the same class as me, said shyly while fixing her waist-length blonde hair. Her eyes tell me that she's glad I'm here.

''It seems like everyone is a girl except me. Still, it's kind of funny that you care about your hair at a time like this.''

''Oh, don't tell me about my hair. My hairdresser said it would look good on me, but it's definitely too short. I hope it grows out soon."

Her front bangs are definitely freshly trimmed at a close inspection, but it would be an understatement to call it bad.

''But I think it suits you and you look lovely.''

''Ah mou don't just casually say stuff like that, people will get the wrong impression. Heh heh, but I'm glad."

I praised Kei comfortably, without realizing that we aren't alone, but she blushed and was pleased. I'm good friends with her, but I think this was the first time I've ever said "she's cute" out loud in front of others. Well, it's a dream, so it's not a problem. 

If she reacts this positively, I might try saying it in the real world as well.

''But... Is this really a dream?"

The person who suddenly uttered the words was Mio Ibuki. Ibuki, a student from class C, was looking at her surroundings as if on guard. Tall and rough, her words had weight.

"Hmmm, Ibuki doubts this is a dream. In truth, I don't think it's possible that I woke up in a strange room with my classmates." Kei expressed this.

Horikita nodded her head in agreement. She also seems to think that this situation is a dream. Even in her own dreams, she seems to be a student whose ice-cold and firm. No wait, it's my dream, so I must have that image of her.

''I know what Karuizawa means. But I think we should be careful, just in case.'' I told the girls my honest opinion.

''Something is not right."