Episode 5: Horikita's resolve

[Horikita POV]

-

My older brother's personality is not the most approachable in this vast world. Nonetheless, despite some of his harsh characteristics, I had a huge admiration for him, a respect that would last forever.

Despite my respect for him, our relationship wasn't smooth sailing. I was irritated to observe how that connection strengthened and improved as a result of a certain individual.

How much involvement did Ayanokouji-kun have in my life?

My brother informed me that Ayanokouji-kun has a lot of potential, and that if I want to move closer to the top, I should make use of it. But I must be careful. He is not like the other "leaders" in my year. He has no comparison with any of them. 

Sadly, he's also a pretty apathetic person... if he doesn't want to use his abilities, there's nothing I can do to make him.

It wasn't my problem if someone with extraordinary abilities didn't use them for himself or others... he had his reasons. And, while I don't agree with his reasoning, I shouldn't intervene so forcefully.

He had already told me once. Not to pry in his life. But what right did he have to do with mine?

I'm not sure I understand him at times. He is an unpredictable existence. He made me realize that I lacked a great deal of skill and expertise. And, though I'll never confess it, he was the first person I firmly referred to as a friend.

What made Ayanokouji-kun so prominent in my older brother's mind? Was his supposed talent so impressive that he even startled the student council president? 

But without him, my and nii-san's relationship would never have improved. That's an undeniable fact.

When compared to the beginning of the school year, I felt as if Ayanokouji and I are gradually drifting apart. I don't even think we talk about anything apart from the special exams.

And I'd.... like to fix that.

As I remembered the task, the action that would define my future. Almost instantly, my body reacted by raising its temperature. But that wasn't the only unusual thing that happened.

I could see a certain light in Ayanokouji when I saw him. A brightness that was not at all bothersome, on the contrary, I felt it luring me in, an odd way.

He was, unfortunately, attractive.

They say you see your deepest desires in your dreams...

Is this... one of them...?

-

-------------------------------------------------------

-

[Kiyotaka POV]

-

''If that's what you want and it's the only option left on the table...... I'm not really opposed to it.''

I shrugged my shoulders and had casually agreed to Horikita's proposal. I responded in the same way as I had before, when she had asked me to do some chores, but when I thought about it, it seemed like a bigger deal than I anticipated. 

The girls around me started to buzz.

''Huh, that, that means Kiyotaka and Horikita are gonna h-have......s-s-sex, uuuh.''

Kei shouted out late and turned red when she saw my face. She looked like she wanted to say something, but when her eyes met mine, she silently slumped down.