𝚂𝚒𝚡

These kinds of nights were far and few between. The kind of night when Jack had a double shift at the drive-in, Raf was grounded because he got an 89% on a spelling test, and Miko was sick and at her host parents' house.

Ellie was the only human at Base. Arcee went with Bumblebee on patrol and Bulkhead went for a drive, Ratchet was working on repairs or projects, and even Optimus was bored.

Ellie sat on the couch, staring up at the ceiling. She sighed and looked over at a clock on the wall. It was 10:47. It was Friday, so Ellie didn't have to go home because of school. But she considered it as an option.

An idea sparked in her mind. Maybe Optimus would want to watch a movie with her?

Ellie walked the halls of the base. She looked for Optimus. If she didn't find him, he would surely find her.

"Ellie," she heard from behind her.

"Optimus," she turned and smiled.

"Is there something you need?" He asked.

"Well," Ellie looked down at the tips of her boots, "Did you want to watch a movie with me? I understand if you're busy or you don't want to..."

"I would be honored to," he answered, "Was there a specific one you had in mind?"

They started towards the human sitting area.

"Was deciding between a chick-flick or action," Ellie looked up at him, "I'm sure you wouldn't want to watch a 'girly' movie, though, so I was leaning towards the latter."

"I'm completely fine with whatever you wish to watch," Optimus watched her climb up a ladder to get to the sitting area.

Ellie flipped through the various DVDs they had on a shelf and was losing hope when she finally found the perfect movie.

"What do you think about this one?"

Optimus squinted a bit to see the cover.

"Hmm," he seemed satisfied enough.

"I'll put it on," Ellie then turned to the DVD player and worked on putting the disc in.

She made herself comfortable on the couch. Optimus stood behind her, arms crossed and eyes fixated on the screen. He paid close attention to what was happening.

The movie was, as Ellie had said, an action movie. But like most early 2000s action films, it had cheesy and sometimes over-sexualized romance. It was pretty good up until a certain romantic scene. There, Ellie turned her attention away, looking up to the ceiling.

"Wow! The roof sure looks nice today. Have we done remodeling recently because WOW," she said.

The scene spiked Optimus' attention. Sure, Cybertronians had their own kind of "interfacing" or "mating", but he had never seen the human version of it. The movie didn't show much, just enough to let the audience know what was happening. Optimus thought it strange to see a human without its coverings.

Occasionally, he would ask her a question. Sometimes about a reference or a joke.

"Why do they not attempt to understand what the monster wants? They didn't even hesitate, simply opened fire," Optimus frowned slightly.

"Welcome to America," Ellie mumbled.

About halfway through, Ellie felt herself drifting off. Her arm was propped up on the arm of the couch, head resting on it. She was just about to let herself great for a bit, but Optimus finally noticed her.

"Perhaps I should take you home now," he said, making Ellie jump.

"No, I'm not sleepy," she yawned after stating that lie.

"We can finish this another night," he took two steps towards the open area where the exit was, "Let's call it a night."

"Fine," Ellie grumbled, switching the TV off.

She reluctantly walked down the stairs and met Optimus near where the Autobot symbol lay on the floor. He transformed and allowed her to climb into his cabin before driving off.

Their drive was filled with silence. Ellie seemed rather quiet.

"I wish we had more nights like this. They are enjoyable," he paused, waiting for an answer, "Ellie?"

He turned his mirror to face her. Her eyes were shut, her breath fogged up a small section of his window. She was asleep.

Optimus sighed. He had been right.

Ellie was stubborn, just like-

Optimus sighed, looked to the stars.

"I miss you, my Elita One."