𝙴𝚒𝚐𝚑𝚝

"Bulkhead! I NEEDED THAT!" Ratchet screamed at the wrecker.

Arcee had just gotten back from an attempt to locate Optimus' location aboard the Nemesis. The results put the whole team on edge even more.

"The only thing I need is our head honcho back!" Bulkhead snapped back.

"It's not your fault - It's not anybody's fault," Ellie tried to reason.

The computer beeped from across the room.

"Ratchet! What happened out there?" Fowler asked, "Reports say almost a dozen wounded, and it's on me to provide some kind of explanation! You bots better get your act together before the Pentagon shuts you down."

"But where would you go?" Raf asked.

"Who knows? Maybe they'll ship us out to an island or perhaps to space. Wouldn't that be a welcome relief?" Ratchet pondered out loud, his sarcasm meant to be heard.

Arcee then commented on what Optimus would have done, resulting in more fighting. The humans stood by, not knowing what to do or say.

"And we've finally allowed them to acquire a power source for their space bridge!" Ratchet added.

"And that's a good thing," Jack said.

Everyone looked at him like he was crazy.

"And how is that a positive?" Arcee raised an eyebrow.

"We let them finish building it," Jack added.

"Why? So they can bring another undead army?" Bulkhead asked aggressively.

"No! So we can use it to our advantage," Jack explained, "And use it to send me to Cybertron."

It was a good plan. Only, they would have to find the space bridge first.

Here was the plan:

Ratchet, Bumblebee, and Bulkhead will bridge to where the space bridge is located.
They will set everything up.
Arcee and Jack will go there.
Arcee will accompany Jack to Cybertron.
Jack will get the Matrix of Leadership.
They'll come back with it.
They'll give it back to Optimus.
Optimus gets his memories back.
Happy family again.

Well, it will be more complex than that.

First, June had to be convinced to let Jack go. Then, Fowler had to get Jack a spacesuit to wear.

"Ellie and Miko, you will assist Rafael with communications," Ratchet explained.

Ellie was happy to be of help to them. Miko, on the other hand, was grumbling about her life being "boring again".

"Nurse Darby will stand by for medical assistance." Ratchet continued.

The ground bridge was opened. Ratchet, Bumblebee, and Bulkhead stepped out. They had to take down a handful of vehicons, but otherwise, the task was simple. The trio hurried down an elevator and to where the space bridge was located.

There was just one minor issue. An issue involving a tiny, inaudible set of footsteps following them.