𝙵𝚒𝚏𝚝𝚎𝚎𝚗

A couple of months had passed since Ellie's medical emergency and the thought of Elita One still remained in Optimus' mind. 

Not a day passed where he was not thinking of her. Especially after he learned of Ellie's full name.

Elita Una.

Elita was killed by Megatron in the final days of the War for Cybertron. Optimus had to watch as his former brother sliced through her spark with his blade. He held her as the blue of her optics faded away and she went limp in his arms.

His shoulders lowered at the thought.

But now there was Ellie. The human girl whose voice belonged to his late wife's. Her facial structure resembled hers and their personalities were a perfect match.

Was reincarnation even possible?

"Optimus?"

He looked over his shoulder at the voice.

Ellie stood there, looking up at him with those lovely brown eyes of hers.

"Are you alright? You look like you're thinking about something." She said.

"Yes, I was," he said evenly, "But it is not for you to worry about."

"Oh, okay," Ellie looked down.

Optimus and Ellie stood there in silence for a moment.

The base was rather empty. Bee and Raf were out racing his RC cars. Miko and Bulkhead were at a monster truck rally. Arcee had to take Jack to work. Ratchet was in his lab, working on a gadget of some sort. And Optimus was looking over field reports. Well, he was trying to at least.

"Ellie?" He spoke up.

"Hm?"

"Would you like to go on a drive with me?"

"I'd love to!" She smiled.

Optimus set a ground bridge for a rural area of Maine, somewhere where they could enjoy the warm spring air and not have to worry about traffic or other humans.

He transformed into his alt mode and Ellie climbed into the passenger seat. They drove through the swirling blue and green and Ellie smiled once she saw the pretty green landscape of Maine. Birds were chirping and the sky was slowly turning pink as the sun set for the evening.

"The sky looks like cotton candy," Ellie smiled.

Optimum remembered what the human food looked like after Ellie had gone to the Jasper fair last fall. She had brought back a bag of cotton candy and showed it to him.

He hummed, "Yes, it does."

The girl admired the colorful sky and the cool breeze running through her wavy hair. And silently, Optimus, too, enjoyed this peaceful moment with his charge. He took them through winding country roads and past farms and fields.

They spoke from time to time and there was never an awkward silence between them when there was nothing to say.

Ellie leaned against his door and her mind remembered back to earlier at base.

"Optimus?"

"Yes?"

"There's something in your mind, isn't there? You haven't been your usual self for a while," she looked into his mirror.

He looked back at her quietly for a while. He could see the concern and care in her eyes. She was worried about him.

She always was worried about him...

"There is," He spoke up.

"You can talk to me about it," she offered, then added, "If you are okay with sharing, of course."

"It's just that one of my closest companions has been on my mind as of recently," he explained, "and you remind me so much of her."

"I do?" her eyes lit up.

"Yes, you do," he smiled to himself.

"I bet she was cool," Ellie smiled.

Optimus hummed in agreement.

Faintly, his audio receptors picked up on something.

Jets.