𝙽𝚒𝚗𝚎

"Elita."

"Optimus."

The mech smiled lovingly down at his Conjunx Endura. She returned the gesture.

No bot was around.

"Where are you off to, sweetspark," He asked.

"The energon depot, care to join, Prime?" The femme stepped closer to him.

"It would be my honor, my One and only,"  with that, the mech offered her his arm.

She linked hers through his and rested her head on his shoulder.

Their spark bond hummed in contentment. Their only wish was that they could stay like this forever.

However, not all wishes are made.

"So," Megatron's voice reverberated off of the cavern walls where the space bridge was, "Vector Sigma is more than a mere legend."

The bots present whirled around. Their tag-along hid behind a sturdy boulder, several meters away.

"You Autobots have gone through impressive lengths to recover your beloved leader," he continued, "Be assured, however, I shall never underestimate you again!"

The bots readied themselves and their weapons.

"I assume the one called Arcee will be coming through that bridge at any given moment, with the Matrix in hand."

"Protect the space bridge at all costs!" ratchet told the bots. And with that, they shot at the warlord. Megatron struck Bulkhead in his midsection, causing him to fly backward and hit a wall. Ratchet was thrown away like a rag doll, and Bumblebee was first slammed into the ground, then he bounced a ways away.

A pair of human eyes watched in horror as their friends were injured. But there was nothing they could do.

Suddenly, a new ground bridge was opened. Out stepped Optimus himself, or the physical himself, the mental part was still in question.

"I can not allow that to happen, Megatron." He said.

"And why should you care, Orion Pax?" Megatron sneered, "you are no Prime!"

"True, or perhaps another deception," Optimus answered, stepping forward, "But I do know that I understand the Autobots more than I will ever understand you and your ways of tyranny."

He transformed his servos into blades and prepared to fight Megatron. He charged at the warlord but was quickly thrown to the side like a lobbing ball. He did not have the skills in battle that the true Optimus had.

It was a coincidence, though, that Optimus landed right next to the builder where the human tag-along hid. Groaning, he sat up a bit, before glancing over to where the boulder was. There, the human stood, staring back at him as wide-eyed as he was. Optimus briefly glanced back to where Megatron was, now fighting Arcee, who had drop-kicked him. He looked back at the human.

"Optimus,"

"Ariel?" He asked after hearing her voice.

"I- um, no," Ellie almost forgot he had lost his memory, "That's my middle name."

"Oh," Optimus didn't know what a middle name was.

"What is your name then?" He asked.

"I'm called Ellie," she answered.

"Ellie..." He repeated her answer.

"ELLIE?!" A voice asked, "What the hell are you doing here?"

Jack ran up to her.

"I felt like I needed to be here."

"You know, it's alright," Jack sighed, "I'm just glad you're okay."

They turned to Optimus, who now knelt on one knee before them.

Jack pulled out the Matrix and stepped forward towards Optimus, handing it to him.

"Are you certain I am worthy?" Optimus hesitantly asked.

"Definitely," Jack nodded.

"More than anyone we know," Ellie added.

He took the Matrix and turned to take on his worst enemy.

"Megatron! Be gone!"

Optimus Prime was back.