𝚂𝚎𝚟𝚎𝚗

Darkness was encasing the world. An ancient being had made up the world's core for as long as time. Unicron.

Ellie hated being useless. She always tried to help in any way. But now, she couldn't do anything. Or so it seemed.

But there was someone the Autobots were turning to for help. Though it surprised them all, their greatest enemy was their most liable ally. The ground bridge was opened, the humans were hurried to a separate area for safety. Optimus wanted no risks when Megatron was around.

Jack, Ellie, Miko, and Raf peered around a corner to watch the interaction happen. June and Agent Fowler stood behind them, ready to pull the kids away if anything nasty began. The adults, too, were curious.

Through the green and blue swirling came one of the tallest and the most dangerous of all Decepticons. Megatron. The bots behind Optimus prepared for anything. Ellie hadn't seen the Decepticon leader before, especially this close. The mech walked fully through the bridge and came to a pause in front of Optimus. He was about a head taller than the Prime, he had to look down to meet his gaze. It felt weird to see Optimus looking so small compared to another Cybertronian.

In front of Ellie, Raf clenched his fists. He ran toward the group of robots.

"Raf!" Jack tried to stop his friend, ultimately failing.

"You-..." the boy lost want he was going to say as Megatron's gaze fell upon him.

The other humans ran up behind him.

"Ah, you're looking far better than the last time we met little one," Megatron remarked, waving his digits toward Raf.

"Come on, Raf," Jack pulled him away, "He's not worth it,"

Mrs. Darby took Raf back to their hiding spot. Jack looked back at Megatron to share a distrusting look, before. Turning away to leave again.

"And you," Megatron began again, "I never forget a face, even that of a human."

Miko stepped forward angrily, "You double-cross anyone," she pointed at him, "and my face is the one you will never forget!"

"NEVERR!-" and with that last shout, Agent Fowler pulled her away.

Ellie had idly stood by. She stood there if she was needed, but said nothing. She had nothing to say to a monster.

"Come on, Ellie," Fowler said to her while pulling Miko away.

Ellie turned to follow him but instantly felt a sharp gaze on her, sending chills down her spine and her hairs to stand on end. She turned back, and to no surprise saw Megatron's eyes on her. They seemed to know something she didn't, something about her. His brows sorrowed and he frowned. Ellie hurried away to join her friends.

She had never seen him before that moment, but she could have sworn she had seen him somewhere before. She brushed it off as a story someone had told her in which he was described.

Optimus asked Ratchet to open a new ground bridge. Megatron typed in coordinates, and Optimus walked over to where Jack stood, separate from the group. He knelt and handed him something. He spoke to the older boy, but Ellie didn't catch any of the words.

He then walked over to where she stood in a hallway.

"Ellie," he started. He paused and looked away from her, thinking.

"Optimus," she said back with a small smile.

He decided against saying whatever he had wanted to. Instead, he looked back at her, nodded once. He checked around him to make sure that no one was looking, then turned to her again.

He smiled down at her. It wasn't anything too grand, but it was new. The smile wasn't very big, but it was noticeable and quite genuine.

She smiled brighter, having never seen this look on him.

"I'll see you soon," she said.

"Likewise," said he, turning away, smile fading as he returned to his comrades.

Shortly after, the Autobots and Megaton left again.

There was a battle.

Hours passed.

The bots returned home.

Without Optimus Prime.