。3 。

-"I look forward to it

-
"I look forward to it."
-

"Shit! Burnt them." Ophelia pouted, walking into her living room to show Kate the tray of overcooked brownies.

"We can save the middle ones!" Kate exclaimed, looking over the pan.

"Hopefully the middle one's gooey." Ophelia grumbled, placing the pan on the coffee table before grabbing two bowls and a tub of ice cream.

"You might need a knife." Kate pointed out.

"Fuck, yeah." Ophelia muttered, pulling one from her jean pocket and trimming the brunt edges off, making the un-burnt bits into squares.

"That was strangely attractive." Kate mumbled as she placed the knife onto the table.

"Thanks, ma chérie." Ophelia smiled, grabbing a square of the dessert and spooning some ice cream on top. Since the day they painted, not just the walls, but the entirety of the apartment and themselves, the nickname 'ma chérie' stuck for Kate; a joke but also something that made Kate hold back a blush.

Of course, Ophelia never noticed.

"This is good." Kate hummed as she nibbled her dessert. "Minus the bits you burnt."

"Burnt? I cremated them." Ophelia chuckled and Kate snorted in amusement.

"Can I ask you a favour?" Kate asked after a while and Ophelia looked away from the film on screen.

"Shoot." She nodded, wiping her mouth.

"Would you come to a party with me? It's full of rich people and it's gonna be awful. My mum's making me go. I don't wanna be alone walking around like a tool. And you'd make it better-"

"Kate." Ophelia laughed, cutting off her rambling. "I'll happily go with you."

"Cool. Yeah, awesome." Kate breathed in relief, staring at the smile on Ophelia's face before snapping out of it when she looked back to the screen.

"What's the dress code?" Ophelia asked before eating some ice cream.

"Fancy." Kate replied.

"You rich?" Ophelia asked. "Or is it just a friends party?"

"My Mum's rich. I don't think it's a friends party. More of a posh people party." Kate responded.

"Ah, so posh pricks everywhere?" Ophelia questioned.

"Yeah." Kate chuckled.

"I look forward to it." She nodded. "The best thing I own that is remotely fancy is a jumpsuit. Black and may have paint on it."

"How many of your clothes have paint on them?" Kate asked with a chuckle.

"At least half my wardrobe." Ophelia grinned, adjusting her seating to face Kate fully.

"Amazing."

"I'm a living rainbow, ma chérie."

Later in the day, after some more brownies and ice cream, sharing the gooey middle one, Kate was fast asleep on Ophelia's settee. The blue-haired woman looked down at her to say something, stopping herself with a grin as Kate mumbled in her sleep.

She went to go and grab a blanket for her but a hand grabbed hers so she paused, unmoving in fear of waking Kate up. The brown-eyed girl sleepily tugged at her hand, eyes closed and breaths even. Ophelia presumed she was still asleep, which she was.

Stretching her leg, she planted her foot on the blanket that was on the floor, pulling it closer to her so she could lay it over Kate. Humming in her sleep, Kate snuggled into the arm of the chair, hand squeezing hers lazily.

Leaning back and relaxing, Ophelia accepted her fate of being stuck in that place and propped her feet up on the coffee table. She grumbled out of surprise when Kate's leg kicked hers before they stretched over her lap, calves poking from out of the blanket and she chuckled, pulling it down to cover her feet again.

Placing her head on the back of the settee, Ophelia drifted to sleep as well, hand in Kate's the whole time they both slept.

{617}

You cannot convince me that Kate is not a kicker

In her sleep like