。27 。

-"No, fuck!"-

-
"No, fuck!"
-

Crouching on a roof, Kate looked to Clint, "You wanna tell us what we're doing here?"

"Something very important to me is pinging inside that apartment." Clint answered. "It was stolen from a black market auction. I need it back. No lights, no movement. This is our chance."

"This would have been easier if we were on a higher rooftop." Kate sighed.

"That's what you think." Clint mumbled.

"Yeah, exactly. That's why I said it." Kate mused.

"Kate, you always wanna prioritise a quick exit over a quick entrance, so when things go sideways, and they usually do, you have an exit strategy." Clint hummed. "That's why I chose this spot. It's got good sight lines for all my exits. Entry should be easy. Think it should take me about three and a half minutes to get in. So, if you see anything out here, just give me a signal, Kate. Alright?"

"She's gone." Ophelia stated, watching the building, sat in her suit.

"You didn't think to stop her?" Clint asked.

"It wasn't the top thought in my mind." Ophelia shrugged.

"And what was?" Clint huffed.

"Just... Nothing." Ophelia shrugged before cars honked and a man yelled angrily. The pair looked over the edge and saw Kate crossing the road.

"Kate? Kate?" Clint spoke into his ear piece.

"There you are." Kate smiled.

"I told you you're supposed to be lookout." Clint stated.

"Yeah, but of the three of us, who do you trust up there not to get distracted?" Kate asked and Clint glanced to Ophelia who was biting her nail, staring at the Christmas lights.

"That's not fair, that your inabilities to act like grown-ups helps you get your way." Clint said.

Kate scoffed, "No, it's not. But it is what it is."

"Alright, look, I need you to use your grappling hook arrow to anchor yourself in. Propel the down side of the building to the window. If it's locked, break in quietly." Clint ordered.

"Yeah, love all of that. Great plan, just a slight tweak though. Good evening, sir. Can I help you with your bags?" Kate asked an old man and Ophelia looked to Clint.

"What are you... No, no, no. No, no, no. Don't... Don't engage." Clint tried but Kate already had. "Kate. Where are you?"

"Oh, relax. I'm taking the elevator." Kate responded. The man asked who she was chatting to. "Oh, I, uh... I'm sorry, I wasn't talking to you. Can I tell you a secret?"

"Love, don't." Ophelia instructed.

"Please don't do this." Clint sighed.

"I was talking to an Avenger and an ex-assassin." Kate whispered. "They're in my ear."