。18 。

-"Shit

-
"Shit."
-

Kate waved down a taxi, her phone ringing someone. Ophelia opened the door, letting her get in first before getting in after, closing the door behind her.

"Where to?" The taxi driver asked.

"Hi, goin' to Fourth and B." Kate smiled.

"You got it." The drive nodded.

"Clint, uh, hi, it's me." Kate started "I, uh, I have a crazy clue to tell you  about. 'Clues'. Plural. Um, so, yeah, call me back, okay? Bye. Should I try again?"

"No-"

"I should try again." Kate ignored Ophelia. "I'mma try again." She tried and this time the phone was answered. "Y'know, sometimes back-to-back calls isn't the right move. In this case, it was."

"I'm sorry. Clint Barton can't take your call right now." A man responded and Kate hung up, panicking.

"Did he not appreciate the back-to-back calls?" Ophelia asked, not hearing anything that was said on the other side of the phone.

"No, uh, Clint didn't pick up. Someone else did." Kate said, tracking him down on her phone and Ophelia straightened slightly. "Sir, I'm gonna need you to speed up. Please."

"Shit." Ophelia swore.

-

"Come on! Where is Kate Bishop?" Thomas, a Tracksuit, asked Clint angrily.

"Who are you talking about?" Clint questioned, trying to play dumb.

Nothing else was said as Kate fell through the ceiling landing on her side in her suit, Ophelia landed beside her on her feet with bent knees in her Black Widow suit. Kate grunted and Ophelia grimaced, looking  down at her as guns were aimed at her and Ophelia.

"Bro, I found her." One spoke up.

"Oh, my God." Kate mumbled, pushing herself up as Clint looked down. "Oh, wow. Didn't realise we were supposed to bring guns."

"Lucky I did- What, Kate, you took them?" Ophelia quizzed, searching her holsters.

"I-I thought that would be too far." Kate tried.

"He got kidnapped and you thought a gun was too far?" Ophelia asked, eyebrows raised. "Did you break it?"

"Maybe." Kate mused.

"Don't even try it. Just... Just let them." Clint sighed when Ophelia went to attack the one that grabbed her.

Soon enough, the three of them were strapped to the small children's rides you would find in shopping centres. The Tracksuit's laughed together, tapping Clint's hand together. Ophelia sighed, her wrists rubbing underneath the duck tape.

"There you go." Clint hummed.

"Don't worry you will not fell off." One laughed. "It's strong."

"Thank you." Clint nodded.

"Well, this is fun." Ophelia mumbled, shifting on the pony she was sitting on.

"Look what you two did." Clint accused.

"We were just trying to help, okay?" Kate sighed.

"Don't talk." Clint ordered.

"Uh-oh, you're in trouble now, bro."

{443}