。5 。

-"The party's tonight?"-

-
"The party's tonight?"
-

Ophelia sat at her kitchen island, sipping a coffee. She crossed one leg over the other, baggy ripped jeans covered in paint, more so her thighs as well as her old band t-shirt and her hands. She placed her mug down and tightened her short ponytail before picking up her paintbrush again.

Since gaining her freedom, Ophelia didn't really know what to do with herself. During her travels around the world, she'd picked up a knack for painting and enjoyed it thoroughly, even though she always made a right mess of her clothes. It calmed her a little and she would momentarily forget about her murders.

"Hi!" Kate beamed, walking into the apartment with some bags, wrapped in a coat with a beanie on.

"Hey, ma chérie." Ophelia greeted, nose scrunching up as she smiled at her.

"Ready to go?" Kate asked, reaching to take a sip of Ophelia's coffee, not that she minded.

"Where?" Ophelia questioned, eyebrows furrowed.

"My mum's? Did you forget?" Kate asked with a chuckle while Ophelia's eyes widened a little.

"Shit! Yeah. I'll be one second!" She yelled, running into her bedroom to change.

Kate laughed at her before taking a look at the painting. She admired the work because it was good, really good. Soft strokes of an array of blues that formed a portrait of a female body, the background black so the blues would be more vibrant. She was snapped from her gaze when Ophelia's bedroom door clicked open and she walked out, changed into some cleaner black baggy jeans and a white vest top with a red and black flannel.

"Done." She grinned, grabbing her coat. "Why d'you look so glum?"

"Jack's gonna be there." Kate grumbled as they left Ophelia's flat.

"Who?" Ophelia quizzed, boots clicking as they walked down the steps.

"Her boyfriend." Kate rolled her eyes. "I don't like him."

"I can tell." Ophelia chuckled, holding the front door open for Kate who thanked her quietly. "I'll be there for moral support."

"Lucky me." Kate mumbled sarcastically but playfully.

"Oi!" Ophelia exclaimed, poking her in the ribs a few times and Kate laughed loudly, batting her hands away with a smile. "Cheeky fucker!"

"Shut up! C'mon." Kate laughed, trying to force back a blush when Ophelia linked their fingers, swinging their arms.

-

"Good evening, Miss Bishop." The doorman greeted, pulling the golden doors open for the girls.

"How's it going? Good? Wife, kids, all good?" Kate asked him.

"Wonderful, wonderful, Merry Christmas!" He smiled.

"This is posh." Ophelia whispered as they walked into the lift. "Golden doors? Where McDonald's got their inspiration?"