。35 。

-"Yeah

-
"Yeah."
-

Christmas Day

Ophelia looked out of the window in the back seat as Clint drove towards his farm with her and Kate in the car. The car pulled to a stop and Ophelia got out of the car, Kate doing the same.

"You coming?" Clint asked the pair.

"Yeah. Come on, Lucky." Kate said to the dog who finally had a name. The dog barked and Ophelia grinned at him. "Hey, are you sure this is okay?"

"I'm telling you, they're very excited to meet you both." Clint smiled.

"Daddy!" Nathaniel yelled.

"Hey, there he is!" Clint chuckled, hugging his son with one arm as he held presents in the other under his chin. "Hey, buddy, Merry Christmas."

"You made it." Lila beamed. "You kept your promise."

"Here, take something." Clint handed some presents to Cooper.

"What're your names?" Nathaniel asked Kate and Ophelia, the dog barking and pattering his paws in the snowy grass.

"This is Kate and Ophelia. Come on in. Let's go." Clint grinned. "It's cold."

"I feel awkward here." Ophelia whispered, holding Kate's hand tightly.

"You feel awkward everywhere." Kate chuckled, kissing her cheek softly.

"You have a point." Ophelia hummed with a nod.

"It's your first Christmas, loosen up and relax a little bit. Maybe it'll help." Kate shrugged.

"That's what she said. Also, not much advice there, love." Ophelia chuckled as they walked inside.

"Ah! The dog is so cute. What's his name?" Nathaniel asked as Kate let go of the dogs lead.

"That's Lucky." Kate smiled.

"Right, yeah." Clint started, looking over at Ophelia, Kate and Lucky as Laura smiled. "Brough a group of strays home."

"Hi." Kate grinned at Laura.

"This is Kate and Ophelia." Clint introduced.

"Welcome, Kate, Ophelia. So good to have you." Laura bought them into a hug and they hugged them back.

Later in the day, Kate and Ophelia sat on the settee together, sipping their mugs of hot chocolate. Nathaniel opened a present, beaming at the toy he received. Clint and Laura started talking quietly and he handed her the watch from the auction. Ophelia noticed but said nothing, smiling down at Kate who leant her head on her shoulder.

"I got you a Christmas present. Well, more than one but I only bought two." Kate whispered.

"Hm? Lucky 'cause I got you two presents." Ophelia hummed. "I'm poor now."

"Here." Kate chuckled, taking one thin present out of her pocket and then a square one. "Enjoy them."

Ophelia grinned as she opened the smaller one, pulling the lid off the tiny box to reveal a fork. She turned to Kate, "I have never received something so perfect. Now, we can actually eat with cutlery."

"Well, forks." Kate mumbled.

"Yeah? Here." Ophelia handed her a small box and Kate laughed seeing a butter knife inside of it. "We may have to play Rock Paper Scissors to see who gets the knife, though. I was stupid and only bought one."

"Thank you very much for finishing my kitchen." Kate chuckled.

"You got each other cutlery?" Clint asked with raised eyebrows.

"Yeah." The couple nodded.

"Wow." Clint mumbled, clearly not understanding the reasoning.

"Open the second." Kate nudged her and Ophelia pulled the wrapping open, smiling at the Polaroid camera.

"Thank you, love." Ophelia grinned and kissed her cheek. "Open your other one."

Kate did, scrunching the wrapping paper on the floor, "You remembered I wanted these boots?"

"You think I'd forget?" Ophelia asked, offended.

"You forgot how to get to Thailand." Kate mumbled.

"Yeah, true. I did do that." Ophelia nodded.

"Kate, Ophelia. Hey, will you help me with somethin' real quick?" Clint asked.

"Yeah. Sure." Kate replied and Ophelia nodded, the pair following him outside.

Clint placed his Ronin suit on the barbecue, "I figured you two would like to help me end what you started." He poured lighter fluid on the suit and handed the matches to Kate. "I don't think I trust Ophelia with fire."

"No, I don't either." Ophelia shrugged, Kate smiling as she lit the match and threw it on the barbecue, the suit catching fire.

"Should I say a few words or..." Kate trailed off. "Can I ask you something?"

"Sure." Clint muttered.

"What do you think of 'Lady Hawk'?" Kate asked and Ophelia grimaced.

"Yeah, that's terrible." Clint mused, walking off.

"'Hawk Eve'?" Kate questioned, swinging her and Ophelia's arms as they walked back after him.

"No, that's worse."

"Damn, isn't. Hawk Shot. Like 'hot shot'. But you know, 'Hawk'."

"No."

"'Lady Arrow'?"

"None of those."

"Okay, fine."

"You know what actually, I have an idea..."

{765}