。17 。

-"Sorry

-
"Sorry."
-

"Should you really message him?" Ophelia asked as Kate sent two messages to Clint.

'Miss me yet?'

'Don't pretend to be busy with your friends.'

"It's fine. I think he was joking." Kate grinned back, clearly excited about having the superheroes number.

'We both know that you don't have any.' was the next one Kate sent with a chuckle before her phone rang which she answered, presuming it was Clint.

"Okay, so, I was kinda mean, but I think it worked." Kate beamed.

"Kate Bishop?" An unknown man asked her.

"Uh, depends who's asking." Kate responded, pulling Ophelia into another room for the call.

"This is Detective Caudle of the New York Police Department asking." He responded.

"Then it depends what you're asking." Kate corrected.

"I'm asking if this is Kate Bishop." The man repeated.

"I-it is- Yeah it is." Kate stuttered.

"Miss Bishop, can you come down to the station for a quick chat?" The detective questioned.

"Uh, I'm- I'm- I'm sort of unclear what the rules are here." Kate started. "Am I, um able to ask what this is regarding?"

"Are you aware that there was a fire in your apartment last night?" He asked.

"Yeah." Kate said, relived. "Yeah, yeah, yeah. Totally, totally."

"Well, you don't seem too upset about it." He mused and Kate clicked her tongue, thinking of an excuse.

"Well, I wasn't home, so, thankfully, uh, I'm- I'm fine." Kate told him.

"Mind telling me where you were last night?" He pushed.

"Yeah, I, um..." She trailed off, spotting Jack through the glass windows, looking into the room with a smile. "Mhm, uh... I'm actually at work right now."

"How about tomorrow morning before work?" He tried.

"That'd be great. See- See you tomorrow." Kate muttered, hanging up the phone.

"You okay? It wasn't them was it? The Jumpsuits?" Ophelia asked.

"No, it was the police about my apartment." Kate assured.

"Oh, they're probably wondering if you commited arson." Ophelia sighed, as if that was a reliveing statement.

"Wh-why would I commit arson?" Kate questioned.

"You wouldn't. They probably just think you did for money." Ophelia smiled.

"Why are you smiling as you say that?" Kate questioned.