Village Day

Alfonso's POV

After I had said if that man was Bruno, he had screamed inside the bucket. He kept saying his name was Jorge and disappeared within the walls. His introduction was indeed interesting. He had also caught me playing the piano. I should've expected someone would hear considering I'm in someone's house, but I would've never suspected it to be him out of all people. What a weird guy. I had just went back to bed after what had just happened the night before.

Casita was bouncing the clock back and forth waking me up this morning. I had woken up earlier before the family and made myself a meal before leaving to set up a small booth in the village. I stretched knowing that today was going to be a very long day ask many people were going to be asking me the same repeated question over and over again. The same three little village kids came up to me while I was busy setting up my booth.

"What are you doing sir!?" the little girl asked curiously.

"I'm putting a booth up to tell who people's true lover is," I replied back. "It's my gift,"

The three kids were already amazed that I had a gift. They've never seen anyone outside of their village having a gift. They all probably will never know that there's other villages outside of their own barriers. The little coffee boy was sipping his coffee trying to be less impressed.

"Disgusting, that's not a cool gift," coffee boy said.

"Guess I'll never tell you who your lover is," I teased. I could tell he was curious to know who it was. His red string was far off. It must not be from here and somewhere else. However, his other two friends were clearly connected together. These kids were way too young to know anything.

"My mom says you look to scary to be someone who has that gift," the last boy replied. I chuckled softly at his words. His mother wasn't completely wrong.

"Many think like that, some think that I'm also some evil person who abuses my power to ruin other people's relationships," I said looking over into an alleyway. I noticed some blood and my brain forced my legs to walk over there. The kids were following also curious as why I was headed that way. The closer I got to the blood, the more I saw. It had been a small white bunny. It seems to had gotten injured and couldn't hop away anymore. The kids had gasped seeing the sight of the poor little thing. I slowly kneeled down to see how the bunny was doing. It's eyes were still opened and there was clearly fear shown through it. "I'm only trying to help," I gently scooped up the little thing and kept it close to my body for some warmth.

"Mirabel!!!" the kids shouted. Mirabel smiled and waved walking over, surprised seeing a tall scary man in the shadows. "The man noticed a little bunny was hurt and was going to help heal it!" Mirabel's eyes rose a bit surprised.

"I don't have that much time to take care of it, but can you take it to your mother? She had the power to heal, right?" I questioned slowly handing the little thing to Mirabel as her arms were spread ready to take it.

"Sure! I can do that for you!" she answered looking up and down at me. She gave a slight smirk.

"What?" I asked confused.

"Such an evil man, huh?" she joked. "Cmon kids, let's go take care of this bunny!"

I sighed and walked back to my booth taking a seat. Once it was time, people ran up starting to form a line ready to know who their true lovers were. It interested me knowing that many were willing to take the easy way out of finding their lovers instead of just geniuely falling in love with them. There may be strings attached on the majority, but sometimes it doesn't grant happiness. I'd rather take the hard and more natural way of finding my true love than really knowing it.