Sticking Together

The morning had already gone over my head as I was sitting in the booth. Another day, another painful experience. Something that had change was that Bruno would come visit me from time to time. He'd deliver me food and drinks if I ever needed them. I'd also expose some customers to Bruno about their strings, although I know very well that I shouldn't. Some customers got the idea of asking about their future love life. Since Bruno and my gift would match perfectly together. They were trying to force Bruno to use his gift, and he had a hard time trying to reject the customers. I had to step in and refuse their request as Bruno would get too tired using his gift over and over again, or they would just get mad if he said something they wouldn't enjoy hearing. I glance at Bruno and give him a head pat.

"You don't need to be nice every time you know. Just come to me if you ever have a hard time rejecting them. I'll gladly play the bad guy and do it for you," I said while giving him head rubs. Bruno nodded looking up innocently.

"I-I know. I just have a hard time trying because I want to help provide for the whole village," Bruno answered.

"You have a lot of hair," I blurted out randomly. Bruno awkwardly laughed and stopped my hand from rubbing.

"Do you not like it?" he asked feeling insecure.

"I didn't mean it in a bad way at all. I like how your hair is," I responded grabbing a drink of water. Bruno giggled as I was taking a gulp down. "What's so funny?"

"You just act so different around me. You're more cold and heartless towards the people in the village. You sometimes can even act that way towards my famiy members, although you probably don't mean too," Bruno stated. I scratched my head and blushed knowing what I was about to say.

"You...You're just...special," I answered.

An awkward silence appeared between us for a bit. Bruno was flushed with pinkness scattered throughout his face.

"A-Anyways, I just don't hate you compared to other people. I can talk to you so easily compared to other people. Besides, you don't just ask me a question then run away once you know the answer to it. I guess you're also the first one to want to know about me," I said.

"W-Well uh thank you. That makes me feel a bit happy to know that you can talk to me," Bruno says.

"To set a gloss on faint deeds, hollow welcomes. Recanting goodness, sorry ere ’tis shown; but where there is true friendship, there needs none,"

Bruno looked at me confused about what just came out of my mouth. I laughed.

"It's a quote abour friendship," I said trying to solve his questions. "I'm done with today. We should go have dinner with your family,"

We both walked over from the village into Bruno's house as his sister, Julieta was already finished cooking.

"Right on time!" Julieta commented. Casita had moved our seats back letting us settle down. Abuela made a small speech as everyone listened before digging into our meals. I ate quietly as the kids were talking about their day.

"My animals and I were exploring all over my room today!!! I also brought in the village kids as we had our fun the whole day! It was funny because they all almost fell into the water, but don't worry! My tiger caught them before they did!" Antonio stated.

"Antonio, we love your gift, but you need to be careful. You should get some adult supervision. It's dangerous to have animals and kids around together, especially in your huge room. Got it?" Felix asked. Antonio nodded.

"I was busy helping out everyone in the village. They needed me to be many people, especially anyone who was tall. They needed help putting decorations in their houses," Camile said.