Midnight Meetings

I had woken up at night again to get another play at the piano. I walked out and found Bruno right in front of my door. Bruno, surprised was ready to scream. I covered his mouth quickly and look down at him.

"Be quiet or else they'll wake up," I claimed as he nodded. I remove my hand. "What were you doing outside of my door anyways?" Bruno looked up at me while fidgeting his fingers together.

"I was thinking about what you were saying," he said.

"What did I say?"

"When you talked about my soulmate. I go a bit curious and decided to try to look into the future,"

"And?"

"A-And....I couldn't get far enough to know,"

"I see. So, why did I need to know this?"

Bruno looked down feeling sadden by my response. Casita swung a painting portrait at my back as I held in my voice.

"Casita, you're not in this conversation," I stated. "I didn't mean it in a careless way. I was just curious as why you wanted to continue this topic about finding your soulmate. After all, all I know is that your soulmate is somewhere within the world,"

"I...want to find my soulmate," Bruno said scratching his head.

"But why?"

"Listen, I-I know it's quite a selfish request. I know that many people have asked about who their soulmate is, but I just really want to know who it is. I feel like my family would be really happy if they met them. Ya know? And since you're the one to see where the string is. You can just help me find my special person!"

I crossed my arms taking in what he had just told me. He oddly looked quite...appealing when feeling some sort of motivation to find his lover. But why would I really want to do it? I already have a job to do.

"Bruno, sorry but I'm not-" Bruno's eyes saddened waiting to hear the rest of the sentence. I looked behind Bruno's shoulder and noticed Casita was ready to beat the crap out of me if I had rejected. I sighed smacking my cheeks, preparing for what I was about to say next. "Fine, I...." I clenched my teeth struggling to get the words outs. "I...I'll....help you," I finally spoke out. Bruno smiled and opened his arms excited. He even ran and hugged me tightly trying to lift up my heavy body.

"Thank you! Thank you!!!" Bruno shouts in a whisper. He noticed my uncomfortable face as he was invading my personal space. He quickly let go and started to apologize. He then talked in third person. "Oh, what you done Bruno?!!?!?!?" Bruno started to panick. No wonder he and Peppa are siblings. I can really see the similarities. Bruno walked towards the painting and goes on to say, "Knock, knock, knock, knock, knock, knock, knock on wood!"

I lifted my arm and patted his head. I'm not the best at comforting people, but animals love this. So, he might like it as well. Bruno looked up at me and smiled.

"Thank you," he repeated again.

"Just let me finish my job before I help you. There's not too many people in your village, but I heard there's been other near by villages coming over here as well. We still have lots of time before the special day, but there shouldn't be any pressure. I'm sure we'll find them,"

We both hear a sudden conversation outside of the house. Since we were both curious, we walked towards a window and peeked to see two guys chatting in front of the house. They were holding hands and admiring the Madrigal house together. I had already noticed their red strings tied to each other. They were smiling and enjoying themselves. They didn't look threatening or anything. They were just simplying going on a somewhat date together. Suddenly, one of them held both his lover's hands looking quite nervous.