Alfonso's Room

I followed their father towards the hallways that were showing off each and every bedroom. They all had different colors on the doors to symbolize whose was whose.

"Alfonso's room is over here," he said entering into another hallway.

"It's not with the rest of the family?" Bruno asked.

"Alfonso likes his alone time, so his room was created far away from ours. It's also to isolate him because he doesn't like when people stare at his door. Although I do tell him that he should be closer to our doors,"

Bruno took a step after another. The hallway was covered in red paint with family photos across the walls. Their family portraits were display on one of the frames.

"You can call me Dante," the father said. "I'm sure you'd like to match my face to a name,"

"O-Oh...Nice to meet you..." Bruno replied.

"So what's your relationship with Alfonso?" he asked. Bruno went silent as their steps echoed a bit through the rest of the house. Dante looked back at Bruno as his eyes saddened.

"Um...Friends," Bruno finally said. Dante walked to Bruno and lifted the dead flower crown off of him. Dante's eyes softened as the craftsmanship of the crown.

"From this flower crown, I'd disagree with that,"

"What do you mean by that?"

"Alfonso seems to treasure you,"

Bruno looked up at the crown then up at Dante. He gave a soft smile and handed the crown back to Bruno.

"Alfonso's not someone who'd spend his time making a flower crown for just anyone. He was told to treasure what's beautiful to him,"

Those words made Bruno remember his dream.

"When had he started making these flower crowns?" Bruno questioned.

"Hmm, If I remember correctly, he started to learn how to make a flower crown for someone at a garden. He was apparently interested in creating one for a man that day. He wanted to make him happy and able to take something home with him. It almost seems as if he wanted a sort of relationship with him," Dante answered. Bruno's eyes lightened as it had clicked inside of his head.

Alfonso was the guy he had encountered at the flower garden on that day. The one who made Bruno question if he was into men or just having a thought if he would be able to date a man. Bruno gave a slight smile, but his heart was still shredded with thorns surrounding it.

"Alfonso isn't afraid to kill a man," Dante stated out of the blue. "He'd do anything to protect the people he cares,"

Bruno gave a nervous laugh. Killing? That's never crossed his mind. Would Alfonso get his hands dirty in order to escape the travelers or to find who Bruno's string was attached too?

They made their way to Alfonso's door. It was a red wooden door that was plainly painted over with his name on it. Dante reached his hand out and placed it into the door know, slowly twisting it as it had unlocked. He gave a push open as Bruno's eyes were suddenly intrigued with all the books that was in Alfonso's gifted room. Who knows how many feet high this library was. There were stacks and stacks of booked shelves from left to right. There was a big mirror that was facing Alfonso's huge bed from the side, as well as some chairs and a couch in the middle of his room. Bruno took a step inside and looked around even more. There was a big wooden desk near the bed. He walked over to the desk and had noticed a book opened onto a certain page. It had looked like a journal from the other previous people who'd had seen red strings as well.

"Alfonso was born with a gift that could essentially have an end result of something bad," Dante explained.

"Something bad?" Bruno repeated. Dante sat down onto a chair.