The Walls

Morning had come as Alfonso was up first in the Madrigal household. He was walking around the house, exploring Casita. Casita decided that Alfonso might find something else interesting and decided to swing open a portrait frame. Casita exposed a huge hole in the house.

"What might this be?" Alfonso asked. He headed inside carefully as he was a huge man who was trying to fit in small holes. He closed the frame behind him and looked into the darkness in the walls. This was an interesting discovery in the house. Bruno must've lived here for a long time. He looked at all the cracks and wood. Surprisingly even after the house was made again, there were still cracked remains of Casita within the walls. He noticed a broken pathway as there was a small hole on the bottom. The wood had been broken and many would struggle to jump to the other side. Alfonso looked around. He grabbed onto the walls and made it to the other side. He looked to see a small broken door and opened it. He had to tilt a bit in order to shorten his height. He went inside to see a small room filled with rats. "It's nice to see you all again." Alfonso looked around to see a somewhat dirty couch and other items down on the floor. He turned his head to see a drawn plate on wood. He walked over to touch the colored plate and peeked through the little crack in the wall to see the dinner table. Alfonso's face lowered as he was upset at how his family has treated him throughout the years. It only made Alfonso want to love Bruno ever more. He formed a fist and placed it onto the plate. Alfonso noticed a piece of green clothing on the ground and went to go pick it up. He shook the item to notice it was a green dress. "I wonder how this got here. Guess there's always junk somewhere in a house."

Alfonso then heard fast and huge stomps within the walls. The sound of contact with wood could be heard. Bruno burst open through the door and looked straight at Alfonso. There was a moment paused as the door slowly shut its way back on Bruno. He quickly opened the door again and stepped in. Bruno gave a nervous laugh and scratched his head.

" C- Casita told me you might've been h...here. So I came." Bruno said. Alfonso crossed his arms. Bruno touched his hands together and looked down. "I didn't think you'd ever find out about this place. I never really thought anyone would ever be in the walls after the whole situation of Mirabel saving the miracle." Bruno wiped off some dust from a picture frame then blew on it. "Y-You like my home?" Alfonso uncrossed his arms and decided to take a seat on his chair.

"Come." Alfonso commanded as Bruno felt a little nervous about what he would say. Bruno looked down, walking over to him. Alfonso placed him on top of his lap and gave him a hug. "Why the hell did you have to leave here? What exactly had they done to you? Is it all because of those rumors that you have to hide away in here? You even drew a plate to pretend to be with them during dinner time." Alfonso gave a sigh and kissed Bruno's cheek.

"I-It got a little better at least. I'm now part of the family!" Bruno answered.

"No, honey. You should've always been in the family." Alfonso replied as he caressed Bruno's cheek. "I'll make sure my family never does that to you. I love you so much." Bruno rubbed his face in Alfonso's neck.

"I love you too..." Bruno responded. "But at least I'm not alone anymore. I...I have you!" Alfonso released their hug and looked back at him. He grabbed Bruno's hands and gave them loving warm kisses.

"Let's hope you never have to come here again." Alfonso said as Bruno gave a nod. He looked over at Bruno's rats. "You all should run along now. We need our alone time, and I heard Antonio has some snacks in his room.'' The rats got intrigued when they heard snacks and scurried away quickly. "Where's Delores?"

"S-She's with Mariano in her room. They're probably still sleeping together." Bruno answered.

Alfonso directed his gaze towards a green dress. Bruno got off to go pick it up. He observed the patterns as they had hourglasses on the sides.