Chapter 15

~(Y/n)'s P.O.V.~

"Aww, they're so cute."

"Shh, you'll wake them up."

"I think we should draw on their faces."

"No, that's mean."

I slowly blinked the sleep out of my eyes. Surrounding the couch was Sally, Toby, and Jeff. While they were quietly bickering, I tried to figure out what I was laying on. It was very comfortable, but it definitely wasn't a pillow. It almost felt like someone's legs...

I suddenly remembered what was going on before I fell asleep. I was laying in Hoodie's lap. My face grew very warm. I slowly sat up, careful not to wake Hoodie.

Toby noticed my movement. "Guys, we're busted! Scatter!"

They all scurried in different directions and disappeared from my view.

I stared at Hoodie, wondering if he was still asleep behind the mask. After a moment I decided that he was. I checked my phone for the time. It was 11:30 at night. I thought about going to bed, but I couldn't just leave Hoodie here, his back would feel awful in the morning.

I slowly stood and scooped him into my arms bridal style. I made my way up the stairs and to his room. It was surprisingly small compared to mine, but everyone's got their own different room needs, I guess.

I placed him on the bed, covered him with the blanket, and inched his mask off so he could breathe a little easier. As I was about to leave, his hand shot out from under the blanket and grasped mine.

"Stay, please," he mumbled. He seemed to still be asleep for the most part.

"Buddy, I gotta go to my own room," I laughed. "But I guess I can stay for a little bit." I sat on the edge of the bed and ran my fingers through his hair until he was back in a deep sleep.

I sneaked out of the room and started to head to my own. Just as I got to my door, my stomach decided to perfectly imitate the mating call of a blue whale. I groaned and went back downstairs to the kitchen.

I opened the fridge, but nothing looked appetizing. I opened the cupboards, but it was the same there. I was so hungry, but nothing seemed good. I opened the fridge one more time and noticed a jar in the far back. It looked like it was full of eyeballs. I pulled it out and read the note taped to the top. It was written in Jeff's sloppy handwriting.

THIS JAR IS THE PROPERTY OF EYELESS JACK. DO NOT TOUCH UNDER ANY CIRCUMSTANCES UNLESS YOU INTEND TO REPLACE ALL 28 PICKLED EYES. (TRUST ME, YOU DON'T WANNA TOUCH THIS - JEFF)

THANK YOU,

EYELESS JACK <3

I felt my stomach rumble again. For some reason, the eyes looked very appetizing. I popped off the top of the jar and held an eye between my fingers. It felt very odd and slightly squishy. I smelled it and my stomach growled again. I started bringing it to my mouth.

"Wait, what am I doing? That's a human eye! I can't eat that!" I whispered to myself. I dropped the eye back into the jar, sealed it, and placed it back in the fridge. "What the hell is wrong with me? I'll just eat some gushers," I mumbled to myself. I practically ran back to my room and locked myself in. I ate three packets of fruit gushers, but I couldn't stop thinking of the eyeballs. I decided to see E.J. in the morning. Maybe I'm sick or something.

~Time Skip~

"You seem completely fine," E.J. said. He had tested for multiple illnesses but all of them came back negative. "Maybe it was just sleep deprivation?" he guessed.