Chongyun & Xingqiu [-] Heart's Desire

The light blue haired boy casually walked along the busy streets of Liyue Harbor

The light blue haired boy casually walked along the busy streets of Liyue Harbor. It was a colder day outside. Days that Chongyun particularly enjoyed. Not just because he had a cryo vision, but because his temperature would stay regulated. The poor boy sometimes even overheats during fall. It was strange. So winter was when he shined in particular.

Chongyun was on his way to Wanwen Bookhouse to meet with one of his closest friends, Xingqiu. Xingqiu always urged Chongyun to come settle next to him so he could read one of the many stories he picked up to Chongyun. It was one of their favorite things to do in their free time. In fact, Chongyun never really knew when Xingqiu would be at the Bookhouse. It was more so his intuition telling him to go over. And almost every time, Xingqiu would be there.

Except there was this one time. Chongyun arrived and the boy wasn't there. Not wanting to make his trip for nothing, he started picking out a bunch of books with fancy titles and scanned through the pages. It wasn't like he didn't know how to read, it's just he didn't have a long attention span for the matter. He'd end up reading the same line two, three, four, seven times, and then space out and think of something else. Until before he knew it, ten minutes would go by and he never turned the page. Xingqiu walked in on him dozing off and sat right next to him. Taking the book from his hands, and reading the title. It was then that Chongyun snapped back to reality, flustered as ever. Xingqiu laughed at the boy, and then picked up from the line that Chongyun had been reading.

Chongyun walked up the stairs to the bookhouse, careful not to trip. It's happened before. Getting to the top and stretching his arms over his head. The boss Jifang waved to Chongyun and greeted him.

"Ah Chongyun. Good to see you again!" She wasn't always so cheerful with everyone. But with him it was difficult to not let her enthusiasm sink in.

"Miss Jifang, hello! How are you today?"

Jifang gave him a wave, "I'm pretty good, thank you. Hmm... I would take it, you're here to visit a certain someone?"

Chongyun momentarily forgot that he was pretty known to be around the hydro user. Any regular at the Bookhouse would probably assume he was really into books. Which wasn't exactly wrong, but it wasn't exactly true either. He just really enjoyed being read to. That way, it gave his mind some space to roam. He could visualize the story, without actually having to read anything. Worked out for both of them.

Jifang quietly pointed over to the nook with the bookcase. Beside him, Xingqiu had a stack of books which he most likely already skimmed through prior. His head was lowered, eyes trained on every word of whatever it was he had been reading already.

Chongyun thanked the woman and went to join where Xingqiu was seated. Carefully, Chongyun poked his head in front of him. Not wanting to frighten Xingqiu who hadn't noticed him before. "What're you reading?"

Xingqiu lifted his eyes from the page with a short hum. Immediately his face lit up, "Ah, Chongyun! You are just the person I wanted to see." He turned the book to the cover to show the title of what he was reading.