Spider Society (Hydro edition) p2

Part 2 of the Spider society. Anemo is the first part !

Featuring: The (current) Hydro characters

———————

"Xingqiu, where are you off to?"

"To see somebody." He tapped his multiverse watch and a portal appeared in front of him. "Do you mind covering for me, Yelan? I heard we have an alert."

She crossed her arms. "You know kid, go do as you please. I got you."

"Much appreciated." He smiled and stepped through the portal and it closed in afterwards. Yelan pulled the white coat over her shoulders and sighed.

Her watch had already been going off repeatedly and it was an incoming call coming from Ayato, and she truly didn't want to be interacting with him. Him and Miguel were at the bottom of her list of favorites.

She walked down the hallway and heard someone call her name. Yelan perfectly knew who it was. "Yes?"

"How come you just let people go?"

"Oh come on, let him go see his partner."

A chuckle. "Not my point comrade." He reached his arm out and caught her wrist in his web. "But when I left the other day you sold me out?"

Yelan stopped and turned around. "Xingqiu doesn't sneak out and cause anomalies." She furrowed her brows and jerked her hand back to snap the string. "You however, couldn't contain yourself from a fight."

He took a large step forward. "Yeah but listen to this. I might have dragged anemo into it too."

"Why would you do that?"

"It was an accident actually. Wanderer just so happened to be tagging along with me that day. So when I saw the guy who was supposed to die I made a bet that I could beat him in a fight."

"Did you win?"

"Well obviously." Childe laughed. "It wasn't a deathmatch though. However, our battle did actually stop the assassin from killing him. So here we are."

Suddenly a hologram started to appear to the side of Yelan. She actually forgets they can do that, sometimes. So ignoring the watch calls only works for so long.

To her blessing, it wasn't Ayato, but it was Mona. However, she looked irritated.

"What's up with you?"

She scoffed. "What's up with me? Ayato has been tearing through everybody to find you and-" She paused and then her image disappeared. Shortly re-appearing in front of Childe. "You. You're both together- why am I not surprised?"

Childe poked the 2D display, his finger going right through it. "Yeah he's always looking for me. Why doesn't he ever just come see us?"

Mona rolled her eyes. "You know he's extremely lazy on the low."