Chapter 22

After the stress of the pregnancy scare, Noah hasn't said anything more about our talk with Lee. I know he feels awful about how stressful that was, even though it was obviously both of our faults. I know he thinks it would help if we came out and told everyone about us, and he's probably right, so I appreciate the fact that he's trying not to stress me out anymore after the week we've had. We will tell Lee, just not right now.

I was studying in my room when my Dad yelled up the stairs, "Hey Elle, someone is here to see you."

"Send him up," I yelled back. It's weird that Dad said anything about Lee getting here, usually he just sends him straight up. I went back to what I was doing, as I waited for Lee to come to my room. We were supposed to be studying together tonight. I heard footsteps and felt a pair of hands grab me around the waist, pick me up and kiss my neck.  That was definitely not what I was expecting. "You're not Lee!" I yelled as I turned around.

Noah chuckled, "What gave it away? You better say it was the kiss."

"What are you doing here? How did you talk my dad into letting you come up to my room?" Noah tried to pull me in for another kiss, but I jumped away from him, taking a nervous glance towards my door.

"I told your dad that we have a project to work on for the English class we're in together." Noah sat down on my bed as he answered.  With his hand around my wrist, he pulled me over to him until I was standing in between his legs.

"But, we don't have English together," I blurted, confused.

"Your Dad doesn't know that." Noah smirked as he responded. I could tell he thought he was pretty hot shit for coming up with this excuse to see me tonight. I sat down on his lap and kissed him, wiping that self-satisfied smirk right off his face.

I knew this was kind of risky for us when my Dad is right downstairs but I couldn't help myself. I tried to keep the stern look on my face, but I couldn't stop from breaking into a grin. "You don't have any books."

Before answering, Noah pulled me in for another kiss.  He finally stopped long enough to answer me, continuing to rub his hands up and down my back. "Very observant. Your dad noticed that too. I told him that you had everything we needed for the project because you're the one who keeps us organized and that's why I picked you for my partner."

"But Lee's supposed to be here any minute." I jumped off of Noah as soon as the thought of Lee popped into my head.

The smile fell from Noah's face when he replied, "Sorry, Elle, he's not coming. I heard him tell mom he was going to the movies with Rachel. I knew you said this morning that you were supposed to study together, and I know how bummed you get when he ditches you.  So, I thought I would come over as a replacement.  You have to admit, I'm way better than him anyway."

"You should have told me you were coming.  I would have gotten ready.  I look like trash right now."  Not only was my hair up in a messy bun, I had an old t-shirt and shorts on.  Not how I would have planned to look if I knew I would see Noah tonight.

"Come on, Shell, you look cute, like always." Noah reached up and tickled my thigh at the bottom of my shorts.  Okay, so the shorts were old and probably at least a size too small, so super short.  As Noah's fingers continued to trail around the bottom of my shorts, I guess I could see where he would have a thing for them.

After "studying" for a while, we heard my Dad yell up the stairs, "Supper will be ready soon. Noah can eat with us if he wants." I met Noah's eyes questioning. He shrugged his shoulders in response, leaving the decision up to me.

"Okay, we'll be right down." I called back to Dad.

I saw Brad's eyes light up when Noah and I sat down at the table. Brad insisting that Noah sit next to him, leaving me to sit across from them. "Thanks for letting me stay for supper, Mr. Evans." Mr. Evans? I appreciate Noah being polite around my Dad, but I don't remember ever even hearing him call my Dad that before.