Chapter 26

After talking to Lee, I left his room and made my way to Noah's room for probably the first time when I wasn't trying to sneak into it.  I was surprised to hear that Noah sounded exactly like Lee when he answered my knock with a "Come in."

When I pushed open the door and saw his annoyed expression replaced with surprise, I started laughing. He jumped out of bed, coming towards me asking, "What are you doing here, Elle? I wasn't expecting you," before crashing his lips to mine.

After our kiss, Noah took my hand, as he sat down on his bed and pulled me onto his lap. As Noah put his arm around me like he wasn't going to let me go, I answered, "I came to talk to Lee. To make sure he was okay with us making our relationship public tomorrow at school. And to see if he was still mad at me."

"And how did it go? I don't need to go over there and kick his ass, do I?" Before I answered, Noah started to get up as if he was going to go to Lee's room.

Laughing, I pushed him back down on the bed. He fell back on the bed, pulling me down with him, putting his arms around me so I couldn't get up. I fought him for a minute, not sure I wanted to lay on his bed with him when his whole family was home and knew I was in here. But, once I realized there was no way I could get up, I gave up and cuddled into his side.  Still giggling, I replied, "No, you don't need to kick his ass! He actually took it really well. We had a good talk and I think things finally feel back to normal with us now."

"That's awesome. I know how worried you were about that."

"Have you two talked at all?" In my worry over my friendship with Lee and then my relief of Lee's forgiveness, I hadn't thought much about Noah and Lee's relationship. Lee said that he thought they had been getting along better than ever lately but I wondered if that would continue now that Lee knew about us.  I hoped it wouldn't make things complicated between them again.

"I've pretty much been avoiding him. I didn't want to piss him off more, just by being around him. I feel like that's how he feels about me sometimes."

"He mentioned that things have been better between you guys lately." I said hopefully.

"Yeah, he's right, they really have been. I just figured, once he found out that I was with "his Shelly" that would all go away.  I thought he would go back to hating me." I smiled at Noah's reference. Lee called me "my Shelly" the whole summer before we started kindergarten. Noah used to get so mad at him, telling Lee that I couldn't belong to anyone.  Of course that would make Lee mad and they would start yelling at each other until I went to get June to break them up.

I had my head on Noah's chest now, enjoying the feeling of his fingers running through my hair. I looked up at him when I answered, "I don't think Lee has ever hated you.  Maybe jealous of his big brother but not hate.  You should go talk to him."

"Yeah, maybe I will."

"I should probably get going pretty soon. Once your Mom figures out I'm in your room with the door shut, she'll probably stop by to check on us. I'm not sure I'm ready for that again."  I said remembering the rules June laid down during our talk.

"No, don't leave yet.  You just got here."  Noah said pulling me closer to him and planting a kiss on my lips before continuing.  "I think she just said a lot of that stuff to scare us a little. I wouldn't worry about it."

I rolled my eyes, knowing that it wouldn't bother Noah at all to have his Mom come in to interrupt us again.  "So, are you ready for everyone at school to find out about us tomorrow?"

"Shell, I've been ready for this, since the day after you agreed to date me in the first place. I can't wait for everyone to find out that you're my girlfriend."