0.4

It"s second period, I'm sitting in the back as usual with my head dove into my book.
"Alright class, I hope you've read over your packets from yesterday becuase they say who you are working with for your beginning semester project!" Mr. Hammerschmidt cheered as students groaned and my head popped up.
The packet, I never read the packet. I didn't even get one.
The suspense of who my partner may be killed me, I looked around panting, and sweat arose on my forehead. Who is it?
"Go sit with your partner until further instructions" The teacher said.
I looked around, as I swallowed my spit waiting for someone to come to me.
No one did.
"Mr. Hammerschmidt, I don't have a partner. Is that okay?" I asked as I approached his desk.
"Yes Chloe' " he smiled as I walked back to my seat.

"But wait, I don't have one either" Someone said.
I turned around to see, the boy.
He always seems mysteriuos to me, or maybe it's because I simply don't know his name.

"Ah yes. Mrs. Moretz and Mr. Gilinsky. Since you two don't have partners why don't you work together. Yep, that seems about right" Mr. Hammerschmidt smiled as my stomach dropped.

After yesterdays' incident I'm afraid to talk to him or even be around him.
Although, I still find him intriguing and want to know more about him with out looking desperate.
What am I saying?

I closed my eyes, gathering myself.
I quickly walked to my table, not wanting to be next to him.
"Slow down, I'd be excited too if I was working with one of the best looking person I've ever seen" He said as I scoffed.
Who does he think he is? He's so cocky.

Wait, but does that mean I'm not pretty? He did say 'I'd be excited too IF I was working with one of the best looking person I've ever seen'
I'm over thinking.
"What are we doing our project on?" I asked as he shrugged.
"The paper says what we can do the project on. I'll check." I sighed lowly hoping he didn't hear.
"We are doing the project on , the part of he brain called hypothalamus" I said as he nodded.

"Alright sweetie" He said as he looked at me intently, his eyes scanning mine as they slowly drifting further down my body taking in my structure.

I covered my body with my sweater and shifted uncomfortable because how he was looking at me. His eyes hungry, and his glares scared me in a way but still caught my attention.

The bell rang and I got up leaving him at the desk. I stuffed the work, neatly in my backpack in the hallway.

+

It's now lunchtime and I'm looking for Gilinsky. Thats what I am calling him for now.

I bought my lunch and seen him alone at a corner leaning against a wall, he looked like he was waiting for someone. I decided to hurry and ask him before anyone else comes out.

"Um, so about the project, what are the arrangements for where we are going to do the project?" I asked shyly, looking away the back to him.

"We can go to my house I guess, here" he said handing me his backpack as he wrote his address on a small piece of paper.

"See you then" he winked as I gasped lowly.
I turned on my heels, walking away quickly.

What is going on?