Chapter 29

"You're officially my new coffee dealer."

The edges of Masami's lips twitched up at Aizawa's blunt declaration.

The morning after the attack, Aizawa had been fully released from the hospital on the condition that he not do any strenuous activity and have someone with him at all times for the next couple days. And, of course, taking those words to heart, both Hizashi and Nemuri had decided to accompany Aizawa back to his apartment with Masami in tow. 

"That im-implies that you had an old coffee d-dealer," Masami sounded fairly amused as she took a sip of her own coffee. 

They had been back at the apartment for a few hours, and every single one of them were absolutely exhausted. Luckily, Aizawa's apartment was always stocked with coffee. Unluckily, Hizashi was currently staring at Masami with pure horror as she downed her eighth cup of coffee within the last hour alone. 

"Are you sure Shota isn't your dad?" he asked with a little bit of awe, but mostly horror, as the girl began pouring her monstrosity of a coffee that he knew had far more caffeine than the average cup of joe. 

"When di-did I ever say he wasn't?" Masami questioned with a raise of her brow in her exhausted state, not even fully processing her own words as both Aizawa and Nemuri choked on their own respective drinks while Hizashi's eyes only widened more. Masami paused, her cup of coffee at her lips as she took in their shell shocked states. It was only then that she realized exactly what she had said. Maybe she really was drinking too much coffee? Or maybe not enough? "That was mea-meant as a joke, by the w-way, in ca-case you didn't notice."

Masami internally applauded herself at how casual she managed to make herself sound. 

She definitely did not ignore the look that Nemuri sent her as she went back to her coffee. Nope. Not at all.

She did, however, fully ignore the stunned silence that hadn't quite left the room. 

"Oh, that's right!" Nemuri broke the silence awkwardly as she ruffled through her purse, only stopping when she pulled a stuffed envelope out of it. "I brought something that'll definitely cheer all of you guys up!"

This time, it was Masami's turn to choke on her coffee, going a bit pale as the older woman pulled a handful of all too familiar photos out of the envelope. Hizashi was the first to snap out of his shock as he bounded over to see the items in Nemuri's hands, though, he occasionally glanced in between Masami and Aizawa as though he was trying to see any type of similarity between the two. 

Hizashi immediately let out a gasp of awe as took a glance at the photos Nemuri held out to him.

"No way!" He said, oddly excited, gaining a strange look from Aizawa as the injured man started to snap out of his stupor. "Is that—!"

"Yup!" Nemuri grinned. 

"An Eraserhead cosplay?!" Masami buried her head in her hands with a groan. Of course that would be the first photo for them to see…

Aizawa's eyes widened ever so slightly as Hizashi immediately showed him the photo in excitement. In the photo stood two children of about five or six years of age. One was a boy with pitch black hair wearing an All Might costume while the other was a girl with brown hair, who was obviously Masami as a child, wearing an Eraserhead costume. While the boy was smiling shyly, the girl was grinning widely and confidently. The only similarity the two seemed to share were their bright, icy blue eyes that were easily recognized as a distinguishing trait of the Hideyoshi family.

"Eraserhead was Masami's favorite hero as a child!" Nemuri sent Aizawa a teasing grin. The underground hero honestly wasn't sure how to feel about the whole thing, and he definitely wasn't sure how to feel about the bit of warmth he felt at the sight of his ward, or at least the younger version of her, dressed up as him.