Chapter 5

Aizawa Shota was having a shitty day.

First, he gets dragged off to the school in the early morning. He hadn't even had his coffee for goodness sake! Then, he was told last minute that he'd be proctoring for the written exam for those applying for General Studies. And, he even ran into Hideyoshi Akemi's daughter multiple times. A daughter that he nor anybody else except apparently Midnight and Nezu knew about. At least she wasn't a sarcastic loudmouth like her mother. In any case, the world seemed to have it out for him today. So, at this point, all he wanted to do was take a well-deserved nap.

Was that too much to ask?

Apparently so.

He had barely made it out before Hizashi decided to destroy any semblance of peace he thought he could attain by leaving. Somehow, he managed to convince Aizawa to tag along with him to Plus Ultra Records. Apparently, the hyperactive man needed some help with some paperwork but had to stop at the recording studio for a quick meeting with some higher up.

So, Aizawa, of course, was forced to come with.

Luckily, it didn’t take too long to reach the building, but it seemed like forever to the tired man. What’s more, his poor luck decided to strike once more. They hadn’t even taken a step inside the building, and he was already being practically tackled for the second time that day. This was not what he signed up for when deciding to attend this venture. All he wanted to do was sleep, so why was he cursed in this way?

Just… Why?

****

    It was already evening by the time Masami/Yui finished up with everything. It had been tiring, but she didn’t have much trouble with it. It was a productive day, and she even made new friends! The two boys each had their own little quirks, but Masami was sure that they’d both fit in just fine. If only she could get them to talk more. Now, that would be a miracle!

Not that she has any room to speak.

Jogging out of the building, she  was still dressed as Yui. However, her attire had been changed to that of casual wear with simple jeans, a T-shirt, and a black baseball cap that matched her pitch black high-tops. Her uniform was placed in a school bag that hung over her shoulder, and she was rushing as she still had to go to her other job that was at a quaint, little cafe. Thankfully, she’d only be working for about two hours or so before being allowed to go home.

Unfortunately, rushing turned out to be a bad idea on my part as she collided with someone about to walk into the building. Groaning, Masami couldn’t believe that this was happening again. Was it just her luck to keep on literally running into people today? And it wasn’t just that. This time had been worse. Instead of just being knocked over, the baseball cap that she was wearing ended up being knocked off, and papers went flying out of her bag scattering on the sidewalk. Furthermore, this time, the other person went down too as she had been wearing her weighted gloves and shoes that added quite a bit to the force upon impact.

“Ah, curses…” She let out softly, scrambling to grab all of the different papers that had fallen out of her bag before they flew away. Masami had yet to bother looking at the person she had knocked over as she may or may not have been concerned about her homework being stolen by the fiendish wind. She felt bad, but this homework had taken her over five hours to complete. Hopefully, this person would understand.

“Ah!” After securing all the papers in her bag, Masami looked up to see a man staring at her in surprise, and, to be honest, she was looking at him in surprise as well. It was none other than Present Mic! And, beside him, laying on the ground… She had to sweat drop a bit. Why did she have such terrible luck?