Chapter 7

Masami, Midoriya, and Bakugo all stood before their principal. As it turns out, both Midoriya and Bakugo managed to pass the entrance exam, and Masami had never felt prouder of her two friends even if one did look like he was about to kill the other. She had always been confident that the two would become heroes, but it was always nice to see that they really were making progress.

"I never imagined that we'd end up having three students end up going to U.A." The principal spoke up. This had been the first time anybody from their school had ever been accepted into U.A. Hero Course or General Studies Course. Then again, rarely anyone from their school ever applied which was a bit strange in itself as U.A. was in Musutafu as well, the same as their school. "Especially you Midoriya. I would have expected you to apply for General Studies like Hideyoshi here, but I never imagined that you would get into the Hero Course!"

Masami frowned at that. She knew that everyone was always expecting Midoriya to fail, but for a teacher to explicitly state it... If a teacher can't believe in his/her students, than what the hell are they doing in the first place?

"A-ah, right..." Midoriya flailed a bit as he tried to hide from Bakugo's glare. And that's another thing that pissed Masami off: Midoriya's stupid habit of just going along with it.

The principal continued on with his spiel for a few more minutes before finally allowing them to leave. Each student walked out feeling a different emotion.

Midoriya was a bit panicked because he knew what was going to be coming as soon as Bakugo caught him alone. He knew that Bakugo wasn't exactly happy about him being accepted into the Hero Course. The only comfort Midoriya had was that at least Masami would be at U.A., too. If anything went too far, he was sure that she'd be more than happy to help out if he asked.

Now, Bakugo was pissed. These two fuck munches went and applied and somehow managed to get into U.A. Even if Masami only applied to General Studies, it still sent him into a bit of a rage. Especially since Masami was the more useful quirkless out of his two idiot childhood friends. But no, she hadn't even applied for the Hero Course. So now he was stuck with the useless Deku.

Masami was the only one not displeased by the situation. She gets to go to school with two of her best friends! Why wouldn't she be happy? Sure, she wouldn't be in the same classes as them, but it was reassuring that they would still be close by. Other than Arata, they'd probably be the only people she knew at U.A., after all.

So, here she was, smiling like an idiot in between her two friends that had a love-hate relationship. With emphasis on the hate.

"Isn't it great that we all get to go to highschool together?" Masami smiled, surprisingly not oblivious to the tension between the other two. She just wanted to lighten the mood. Not that it would likely work.

Bakugo snorted. "I think you need to redefine what you think the word 'great' means."

"Yeesh, so grumpy..." Pouting, Masami couldn't help but cross her arms as she looked away from the ashy blonde stubbornly. Midoriya honestly wondered where in the world she got her confidence when arguing or speaking with Bakugo. Normally, she had worse anxiety than him, but she had all the confidence in the world when talking with either him or Bakugo.

"You wanna die?"

"Wouldn't you like to know~?" The two boys paused at the smirk on Masami's face. It... It almost seemed sad. But Masami kept on walking, only stopping to turn around and look at the boys with a small smile. "I'll see you guys later, okay? Try not to kill each other while I'm gone."

And with a short wave, she left the two boys with frowns on their faces.

****

April seemed to arrive in no time at all, and it was finally the first day of school. The first day of Masami officially being a high schooler.