Chapter 11

"Masami!"

The girl's name had been called out almost as soon as she had entered the lunch room. Masami had finally agreed to meet with Arata and his friends, so they had decided to just go ahead and meet up at lunch time seeing as that it was the only time that all the classes were in one place at the same time. Besides, Michiko, who Masami normally hang out with, now had tutoring during lunch. It was actually more detention than tutoring as it was a punishment for her having refused to do her work.

Heading over to the table that Arata had been calling her name from, she kept her head down as she walked over. Unfortunately, Arata's calls had drawn quite a bit of attention, so Masami was now on the verge of running out the door, digging a hole, and then curling up in said hole for the rest of eternity.

"We're over here!" Yes, Arata, Masami understood quite well where you are. So, let's not cause her a panic attack.

"Aaahhh!" Masami looked up in alarm as she heard the shrieking of a girl in front of her. However, she didn't get a chance to see what had happened before she was engulfed in a hug. "She's so cute! Look, Togata! Amajiki! She's just as cute as Fujiyama said she was!"

Poor Masami was already feeling dizzy as the girl, who had been the one to shriek and engulf her in a hug, dragged her over to an empty seat next to the four. It was only then that she was able to take a look at those at the table. All together there were three males and one girl. The girl being the very same one that had dragged her over to the table in the first place.

The girl, she assumed, was Nejire Hado. She was a rather beautiful girl with lightish blue hair and a chipper face. Overall, Masami got the impression that she was a rather nice person that was just a bit hyper.

Of course, one of the guys was none other than Arata, but the other two were completely unfamiliar. However, Masami could probably guess which one was which just from previous descriptions of their personality that Arata had given her. One had blonde hair and blue eyes and seemed rather confident with himself. Masami also took notice of his muscular build and how he must have trained extensively. His experience could be seen through both his eyes as well as the scars that visibly lowered his arms.

In conclusion, he seemed to radiate a kind of strength that came from years of hard work and not just the kind you would find in a prodigy.

Masami guessed that this boy was probably Mirio Togata.

The last and final boy was a bit... different than the others. He radiated a similar amount of strength and power, but his demeanor was completely different. He didn't exude the same confidence. It was actually quite the opposite. Not unlike Masami, he was a bundle of nerves and the very definition of anxiety. Suddenly, it was no wonder to her that Arata was always comparing her to the long eared, dark haired boy.

It was these observations that led Masami to believe that this young man was none other than Tamaki Amajiki.

"Ne, ne! You are Hideyoshi Masami, right?" At Masami's hesitant nod, Nejire grinned and continued on. Masami had sent a pleading look Arata's way, but that bastard just sent an 'innocent' and amused smile her way, not bothering to offer any help when Nejire got closer and closer to the brown haired girl during her excitement. "I'm Hado Nejire! The shy one over here is Amajiki Tamaki, and this is--"

"Togata Mirio!" The blonde haired boy introduced himself with a grin of his own. Meanwhile, Masami was just thankful that she had identified all three correctly.

"A-ah, um, I'm, um, H-Hideyoshi Masami!" Masami managed to stutter out as she looked down at her fidgeting hands. At the present moment, she was currently internally cursing both herself and Arata for having agreed to meet the three at all. It's not like she didn't like them or anything, but she never did handle strangers very well. She supposed she should just be thankful she handled them better now then how she handled them as a kid. "B-but you guys p-probably kn-- already knew that... Um, it's a, um... It's a p-pleasure to meet all of y-you!"