Chapter 10

"So? So? How was your first day of school?!" Arata was practically skipping next to Masami as they headed back to the cafe after school had finally ended. "Did you make any friends? Was everybody nice to you?! If not, I know over one hundred different ways to scar somebody for life!"

"Everybody was really nice, Fujiyama-san," Masami assured the older boy with a soft yet somewhat exasperated smile. "And my day was fine. I even made a new friend. Though, I could have done without you causing me to gain so much attention during orientation."

"Eh?" Arata had the audacity to look offended at her words and even placed a hand over his heart dramatically as he pouted. "I only wanted to show off my amazing little sister to all of my friends! Can you really blame me for wanting to do such a thing?"

Masami could practically feel her heart warm at the boy's words despite her previous exasperation. Sure, she had always thought of him as an older brother as well, but this was the first time either of them had voiced that self proclaimed relationship out loud. It was nice to know that she still had family even without blood relations.

"Alright, you've got me there..." Arata took one glance at the warm smile that had graced Masami's face as she spoke and felt overjoyed. It wasn't often that she smiled in such a genuine and warm manner. It wasn't as though her other smiles were disingenuous or anything, but they were always rather small and always seemed a tad sad. Almost as if there was a sense of emptiness in them.

"Ah, right!" Arata continued as though he'd suddenly remembered something. "Speaking of my friends! They have required you to come sit with us at lunch at least once this week!"

"They... Require...?" Masami sweat dropped a little. What exactly were his friends supposed to be like...? "How many of your friends want to meet me exactly?"

"Ah, don't worry your shy little head!" He gave a close eyed smile as he made attempts to reassure the younger girl with a pat on her head. For some reason, patting Masami on the head had become a habit of sorts when reassuring her. And it wasn't just Arata that had the habit. It seemed like almost everyone she came into contact with did the same. "There're only three people. They're a bit quirky, but really nice all the same! Plus, they're super strong! I'm sure I've told you this before, but the four of us are actually considered the strongest in the school! Yup, we're none other than the Big Four!"

"Ah. I see." Masami's monotone yet somewhat exasperated response made the proud look that had appeared on Arata's face to practically crumble.

"You're so cruel..." He pretended to cry dramatically. "You never show any reaction to my words..."

Amused, Masami gave a small smile. It's not as though she didn't care about what he had to say, she did it more so to get a reaction out of him. Arata's emotions were always all over the place, so it was easy to tease him. Besides, she did find what he had to say rather interesting. After all, the Big Four were known as the strongest students at U.A. She knew a fair bit about the other three from Arata, but it would be intriguing, none the less, to actually meet them in person and see how strong they really are.

Masami already had a general idea of how strong Arata was after multiple sparring sessions. If the other three were around the same level as him, then they were sure to be strong. Perhaps, with Arata's help, she'd be able to spar with them one day.

"Why the hell do I have to hang out with you dumbasses?!"

Their conversation had been broken by those charming words. Pausing, and giving each other matching looks of confusion, both Masami and Arata turned behind them only to see a familiar face along with a few new ones.

Somehow, Masami was not surprised to see that it was none other than Bakugo who had been the one to let out a string of curses towards his companions. However, what did surprise her, was seeing him amongst a group of smiling teenagers that seemed rather amused at his anger. Sure, she always found amusement in angering him herself, but this was the first she had seen others with the same attitude.