Chapter 31

"Are you absolutely positive that she isn't your daughter?"

Midnight and Masami had just left the apartment for the meeting with the detective, the principal, and a few of the other teachers. The younger of the two had left holding an extremely large cup of coffee and bags under her eyes. Hizashi and Aizawa weren't quite sure why Masami had to go, but it was Nezu's orders. 

They knew better than to question the chimera. 

Aizawa sighed at Hizashi's question. This wasn't the first time that he had asked him this, nor was he the first person to ask. 

"Just because Akemi and I used to be in a relationship doesn't automatically make the girl my daughter," Aizawa sighed again. "Besides, we broke up over a year before Hideyoshi would have been born."

Even though he said that, he couldn't deny that he had his doubts, especially after Masami's little 'joke' earlier. He also couldn't deny that it would explain a lot, such as why Akemi started to avoid them or why Masami and her mannerisms seemed so familiar. 

"Yeah, but you were still in contact with each other for a while after that," Hizashi pointed out. "You guys… by any chance… did… ya' know….?"

Apparently, he was too much of a coward to just straight up ask if they'd had sex.

Aizawa was pretty sure both ways of asking would be equally awkward. 

Aizawa groaned in annoyance, running a hand through his hair. "The last time I even saw Akemi was at a casual meetup at a bar when we were eighteen, and we didn't—"

He cut himself off. 

Truth be told, he barely even remembered the event before now. He had never really thought about it as he had gotten absolutely wasted. He really only remembered waking up in his apartment with an absolute hangover. However, now that he really was thinking about it and trying to remember, he could practically feel his face pale as his face dropped into his hands. 

"... Shit."

*****

"We're back!"

The door to Aizawa's apartment slammed open, and the two men inside quickly scrambled to situate themselves in order to look normal. They may or may not have been panicking over their mini revelation. 

Both Midnight and Masami made their way into the living room

"And f-feeling as d-dead inside as ever!" Masami sighed going to sit on the couch as Kage the cat scrambled over to sit in the girl's lap

Well, that was concerning to the three pros, not that Midnight didn't understand. 

That meeting had definitely been… interesting for lack of a better word. 

"Oh~" Midnight decided not to comment on Masami's exhaustion as she, instead, took notice of a certain something on the coffee table that made her smirk mischievously. "I see you guys decided to take a look at the rest of those photos~"

Hizashi and Aizawa's eyes widened as their heads snapped to the photos that they had been going through. All of them were scattered across the coffee table. The two had been searching for more clues as to the possibility of Masami being Aizawa's kid.

They figured they should have at least a bit of reasonable cause before going and asking the girl straight up.

So far, the most damning photos that they had seen consisted of the photo with Masami's Eraserhead cosplay, multiple photos with Masami passed out in a yellow sleeping bag, and a photo of a nervously sweating Masami with a boy, who they assumed to be her brother with how much they looked alike, that was glaring at her with red eyes and floating hair.