Deal

I quickly speed up to the Pizza Plex parking lot and throw myself out the door. 11:29. I run-up to the doors quickly but get slowed down as a wave of visitors flood out of the building. I slide through the crowd, excusing myself at least 14 times.

     Finally, I ran inside the building to see my boss standing there, leaning on the wall next to the glass doors. He looks up at me. "Great! You made it! On-time too!" He says, nodding his head to the clock on the wall, which happens to say 11:30.

     I sigh in relief as I glide up the escalators to the elevator. Before I know it, I'm already at the daycare gift shop. I skim by the Sun and Moon plushies, and I make my way towards the daycare glass. I look around to find Sun sitting on one of the stacking cylinders, staring at the slide while fiddling with his fingers nervously.

     Is he waiting for me? I smile at his sight, and I make my way towards the slide. Sun never notices. I crawl in at the top and take a deep breath. I'm about to spend the next 6+ hours with the daycare attendant. What can go wrong?

     I shoot down the slide, making sure I'm going down feet first. "WOOO HOOO!" I shout as I slide down. If Sun didn't know I was here before, he surely knows I'm here now. My feet then sink into the ball pit, and somehow, I don't sink all the way through.

     I hear someone else jumping into the ball pit, and before I have time to look up Sun jumps out of the pit and grabs me, embracing me in a hug.

     "You're here! You're here! You're here!" He happily shouts repeatedly. I smile and hug him back. He picks me up, which surprises me, and he brings me out of the ball pit. When he sets me down, I almost lose my balance, not used to the solid floor. I hold on to his arm for support as I gain my balance.

     "So, you're gonna be here all night?" Sun asks. I nod. "ALL night?" He asks again. I nod once more. "Ya sure?" I nod again before he jumps, shouting "WOOOHOOO!!! We're gonna have LOTS of fun together! We can finger paint, put on a puppet show, roleplay..." Pause.

     "Did you say roleplay?" I ask. I was always fond of roleplaying, but I mostly did it on my phone. Now it will be even better if we're gonna act.

     "Yeah! Ya wanna roleplay? I was thinking..." Sun thinks for a moment, then it almost looks like he hears someone speaking, but I hear nobody. "How about you are in a maze trying to find... five keys to escape the dungeon. But while that happens, and evil guy tries to find you! And if he does, you are locked in the dungeon FOREVER!" He suggests.

     "Sure. why not? So, how are we going to do this?" I ask.

     "I already have the keys placed. I'll let you go in now, then I'll wait a minute to let you look around, and then we can play the game! And one more thing. After you collect all five keys, you need to get out of the maze and run to the giant wooden doors." He says. So, I walk to the structure and climb in. somehow, I'm barely able to fit inside. I climb around a bit, looking for one of the keys, when suddenly the lights go out.

     I look around outside the structure, searching for Sun, but when I find him, he has shifted into Moon due to the lighting. He slowly turns to me, and I freeze.

     "You mustn't leave this place..." He says. "You are a criminal! You must be PUNISHED!" He shouts before hovering above the ground. Moon must be the bad guy Sun was talking about. I climb through the structure more and I find the first key. It's made of macaroni and glitter glue. It looks like it was made not long ago, too. Was this game already planned for me?

     I don't think about it too much. Instead, I think about where the next key is placed. I climb up a slide that's inside of it and I hear Moon cackling outside the structure.

     "Why haven't you climbed in and chased me yet?" I ask as I climb up an incline.

     "I don't see you having any chance of escaping." He replies. "Yet..." He continues floating around as he leaves me to ponder over his words. I find the second key next to some purple thing with a switch. I want to flip the switch, but something tells me not to. I move along and search for the third key.

     "Oh, I forgot to tell you..." Moon starts. I stop to listen to him. "Some of the keys are outside the structure." Hey says. That's just great. He's saying I have to leave now. I stay inside the structure, climbing around near the wall searching for a key on the outside. I do find one, and it's close to the ball pit.

     I climb close to the bottom, and I sit there for a bit, pondering how I'm going to get out, grab it, and get back in without getting caught. If I run around and try to distract Moon or wear him out, chances are I'll wear out first and get caught.

     I take a deep breath and bolt. I sprint out of the structure, and I run for the key. About halfway there, I get grabbed and pulled upward, unable to run anymore. I look up to see Moon holding me by my shoulders. I guess he was waiting expectantly nearby as I was pondering on my method.

     "Naughty girl" he says, and I blush at his word choice. "You really thought you could escape this place?" He says before cackling. What can I do now since I lost?

     "How about this... I let you go back to your key collecting, but in return, I go inside the structure to find you as well. Deal?" He asks. Him being in the structure with me would make it more difficult to find all of the keys without getting caught, but I guess I have no choice.

     "Deal."