Isn't Over

"Sorry I'm late!" I say, rushing through the staff door. "I needed to stay a bit longer to study."
     "Don't worry about it," my manager says. "I know how dedicated you are to school."
     I sigh in relief, hanging my jacket on one of the hooks. I grab a brush from one of the pockets and run it through my hair, trying to get rid of the mess from school.
     I check myself in the mirror, making sure I look okay. Decent. I put the brush back in my hoodie and I make my way outside of the staff area, where I can see children of all sorts playing, drawing, sleeping, everything you could imagine in a daycare.
     I smile as I see one of my favorite kids here. It's Andrew. I remember him from when I had worked by myself as the Daycare Attendant for a week at the Pizza Plex. He's the kid who liked Peanut Butter, Jelly, and Pickle sandwitches.
     "Hi, Andrew!" I say, walking up to him. He's currently drawing right now, but he takes the time to look up at me.
     "Hi, Ms. Ivy!" He says, waving. I sit down next to him.
     "What are you drawing?" I ask enthusiastically.
     He moves his hand away, and I observe the drawing. It's a bunch of scribbles in yellow and red.
     "Who is that?" I ask him.
     "Sun." He continues adding yellow to the drawing. "Do you remember him?"
     I smile softly, nodding. "He was the sweetest person I knew."
     "Yeah, he was awesome!" Andrew continues drawing. I decide to leave him alone to continue.
     I hadn't thought about Sun as much recently. It's been about a year now since the fire. My father came shortly after to give me 100k to help myself, then disappeared again.
     I had used some of it to pay for the hospital bills, since I ended up with second degree burns on my hands. I used alot of the money to get myself into college again, in hopes to get a degree in robotic engineering. Then I used the rest to keep me going until I was offered a job at this daycare.
     So here I am, putting some toys in the lost and found that children had left here. I love working here. The staff has made it really fun and enjoyable. And even if it isn't the same life I lived before, well... it's still something I enjoy doing.
     "Ms. Ivy! Can we play a game?" One little boy yells over the crowd. There are so many kids running around, there's no way they would ever choose one activity to play.
     "Sure! What game to you all want to play?" I ask. I hear many voices at the same time, asking for games like tag, tug of war, and hide and seek.
     "Okay, okay! settle down! we're gonna put it to a vote!" I say. Most of the kids quiet down, and I begin listing the options.
     "Raise your hand if you want to play Tug of War?" I ask. Not many hands go up, so I don't bother to count. "Okay, who wants Hide and Seek?" again not many hands. "How about Tag?" I ask them. I see alot more hands go up. The majority say Tag.
     "Alright! Let's play tag! Who wants to be it?" I ask. Only one hand goes up, a hand of a little girl.
     "Okay! We have our tagger! Everyone else has 10 seconds to run before she gets to chase you!"
     Everyone besides her starts running, and after 10 seconds, I motion her to go, and she runs quickly, catching up to everyone. The game begins, and the girl has already tagged someone.
     I sit down on one of the indoor benches, sighing. It so easy to take care of children when they have a distraction. I watch as they chase each other around the building for a while. It's wonderful taking care of these children. For those who are in school, sometimes they need help with their math (It's almost always the math), and so I help them, not telling them the answers like some people do, but walking through it with them, and giving them easy tricks to help them remember. It's a good thing I know math. It's a necessity for robotics.
     I hum the daycare theme from the Pizza Plex. It was a goofy tune, with random sound effects, like boings and dogs barking. Still, it was one that could be stuck in your head forever. I wish I could write songs that could be stuck in your head forever. Too bad I don't know how to write music.
    I go back to watching the children. Since there's alot of them (Around 17), it's easier for someone to get tagged. Therefore, it's alot easier to not have one pers That is what makes the whole daycare an ideal place to be. No one ever gets bored or lonely, and the staff makes things exciting for the children when they come in. Kids love the idea of getting out and doing stuff without their parents being there.
     With the children occupied and nothing new happening, I pull out my phone and look through my notifications. There's many from online shopping places, especially ones like Ebay and any others where anyone can put out things to sell.
     I scroll through the notifications, but nothing interests me. I decide to go to the Ebay app to see if I can find anything interesting.
     Sun...
     Impulsively, I type Sun in the search bar and I press enter. I scroll down through the things, searching for something that catches my eye. I discover a plush of Sun out for sale. Surprisingly, it's not burnt. I add it to my cart without thinking about it, and I continue scrolling.
     I continue scrolling through the app for a few minutes. So far, nothing.
     I miss Sun.
     I wish he was here. The children would love him.
     I want Sun back.
     I continue scrolling through Ebay, but quicker, hoping for some luck. Hoping someone went through the rubbel of the Pizza Plex and grabbed his charred remains, hoping to make money off of it.
     Wait...
     I scroll up a bit, and it was as if the universe answered my prayers. I see a charred, almost black animatronic that looks just like Sun. However, whatever clothes he had on before are now completely burned off. Nothing is left but his exoskeleton and endoskeleton.
     I don't bother to check how much it costs. I put it in my cart and go to check out. I select the information and I purchase everything. The delivery time is quick, as it estimates i'll be getting Sun tomorrow.
     Maybe my story isn't over yet.