Balloons

I walk out of the restroom, and I head towards the Daycare, trying to act as much of an animatronic as I go. I notice Vanessa walking by and looking at me, so I look back, waving like a child. She still gives me a weird look before heading towards Scott's office.

     I shrug it off and walk towards the daycare. Not wanting to ruin the outfit and get it wrinkled, I plan on using the giant doors instead. As I get closer, new posters and screens and candies are shown.

     The posters and screens show my character holding a candy similar to the Sundrops and Moondrops, but instead, mine is advertised as "Colordrops" and the description, "Happy Time candy!" My character on the posters is the same as the costume, which is more than what I can say for Sun, with his poster having blue eyes and a cartoon-like smile with a chip in his tooth, but instead, he has blank white eyes like me and a detailed grin.

     I walk into the gift shop and see new plushies on the shelves, ones that look like my character. The most surprising thing is when I notice that the golden statue isn't 2 characters anymore... It's three. Sun, Moon, and my character. It's funny because I still don't know her name. I assume it's Color because of the candy being named after the character.

     I walk through the doors and look around, but Sun is nowhere to be found. That is until I hear his laughter from above. I look up and see him hovering right above me using his cord thing, and I fall from being surprised. He lands on the ground and offers me a hand.

     "Welcome, new partner!" He says as I take his hand. He lifts me but doesn't let go of my hand. "Let's head up before the children arrive!" He uses his other hand to hold on to my waist securely, and before I know it, we're being lifted into the air.

     It gives me chills, but it's nice at the same it's comforting. I hold Sun closer, and he holds me closer, too. The next thing I know, we hug each other as we move through the air. I close my eyes and rest my helmeted head on his arm.

     I feel myself lowering onto a platform, the ground touching my feet. I open my eyes and notice we're standing on the stage-like platform above the ball pit. I let go of Sun as he lets go of me, un attaching the cord from his back that lifted us here.

     "I've never been up here before," I say, looking down at the Superstar Daycare. "It's alot bigger when you're on the ground than when you're up here, don't you agree?" I ask, looking at Sun.

     "It doesn't matter how big or small the daycare is. It's my home and I would never leave it." Sun says, his words are filled with as much joy and meaning as a Christian lifestyle should be.

     He guides me into his room, which is...

     Well...

     It could use some human love, honestly. There's junk everywhere, the walls peeling and flaking. There are boxes and spare animatronic parts everywhere. In some way, it doesn't look like a mess, but rather what's in the room that makes it look a bit messy. As I observe the walls, I notice how they're all covered in drawings made by kids who came to the daycare, most of them the kids with or of Sun, and maybe one or two of Moon.

     "I wanted to clean up a bit before you came, but I kinda forgot," Sun says, turning to me.

     "Don't worry about it, Sunny," I say, smiling. We both hear the sounds of kids sliding down the slide.

     "Ok, Color. I have an idea! You stay here and I go down. When I say so, you come out and jump down to join the kids. Ok?" Sun asks. I nod, and he makes his way out onto the stage.

     "Hello everyone! Welcome to Superstar Daycare! I'm Sun and I am proud to welcome you all! There's fun all around you, and I'm here to make sure you have the greatest time here! Aaannnddd guess what? We have a new arrival! She'll be here soon! Until then, have a sunblast!" Sun exclaims before diving down into the ball pit.

     While Sun is taking care of the kids down below, I decide to tidy up his room a bit. I Take the boxes and I put them all in one corner, making room for everything else. I find a duster...somehow... and I dust everything off.

     While I'm cleaning, I come across a video game of some sort. It was an arcade game, yes, but it isn't one I've seen around the pizza plex before. I press play and I start playing it.

     It's easy to learn, I just catch as many balloons as I can and avoid obsticals. Simple enough. I think the funniest thing is that the sun looks like Suns face. Soon, it switches to night, where the sun comes down and the moon (which also looks like Moon) comes up.

     Quickly after, I hear someone coming up and rushing to where I'm at. I turn aroud and I see Moon. he quickly unplugs the game, and afterward, he shifts back to Sun.

     "Please don't play the game!" Sun says, looking towards me. "It messes with what times Moon comes out. We used to have it down there for older kids to play, but maintenance brought it up here because of that." Sun says.

     "I'm sorry. I didn't know I wasn't supposed to play it." I told him.

     Sun sighs. "It's alright, Color. It's better I told you instead of Moon. I told him exactly, 'Don't say anything when you go up there! I know you're angry, but she made a mistake! Don't make her feel sad.' Because I had a feeling he was going to yell at you and not explain."

     "Don't worry about it! Go back down! The kids are waiting for you." He shakes his head no.

     "I think it's time they meet you!" He grabs my arm and pulls me to the curtain. "They are going to love you just as much as I do! You'll see!" He slips through the curtain. "Wait until I give the signal," He whispers.

     'Love you just as much as I do' is the only sentence I keep thinking about. He probably means we're friends. A lot of friends I know tell me that they love me, and I love them back.

     Is that what he meant?