Were not friends

We're not, no we're not friends, nor have we ever been

We just try to keep those secrets in a lie

If they find out, will it all go wrong?

And Heaven knows, no one wants it to

Harry was at his guitar/writing lesson finishing the song he started a month and a half ago. His hair was getting longer and he started to use headbands to keep it out of his eyes, he also was experimenting with his hair style, he wanted to let it grow. -It's already been more than a month- Harry was lost in thought. A lot had happened since that first kiss. Harry and Louis spent the rest of the week without the rest of the boys in sort of a frenzy. Their lips always found one another's. It always had the same effect on Harry, he felt an explosion of butterflies in his belly, he felt that adrenaline rush constantly running through his veins like he could run a marathon all day and never get tired. It was addictive. Louis' smell, his lips, his teeth biting Harry's lips. The way his hands were getting more adventurous each time.

They also had tickle fights, movie marathons. Harry discovered Louis despised horror movies because it gave him nightmares, Harry confesed he hated action movies because all the blood made him feel nauseous and dizzy. Harry babysat more than a few times for Louis for free, since he found the time he spent with the girls like a bonding experience. The girls adored him, they had already played dress up and convinced him to let them put makeup on him. Lottie's hard exterior was crumbling and she gave him a tight hug every time Harry went to their house. It was nice, even Joannah was getting to know him better since they were always together. Louis didn't seem bothered by that turn of events and that gave Harry some hope.

When the boys came back from their trip, it was like a bucket of ice water threw him back to reality. The bubble that they were surrounded by disappeared and they became secretive. They were not boyfriends by any means. Louis always made sure to put a little more space between them or pat him like a pet if he became too romantic. Sure, Louis was behaving a lot more affectionate with him, but it was only natural, it looked more like he was adapting to the group's dynamics. Which meant he would also hug and be sweet with the other boys. Harry didn't know if it was a curse or a blessing, on one hand he was still getting frequent hugs and cuddles, but that meant he got the exact same treatment as the other boys.

The boys, who knew Harry better than anyone, picked on the change between them. It was funny though, they all reacted the same way, waiting to be alone with Harry to "subtly" ask him about the subject.

《《 Flashback 》》

"Babe, can I ask you a question?" Zayn asked a couple of days after they came back from his family trip. He had decided to bleach a stripe of his hair blond, saying 'he needed a change'. Harry thought that he looked handsome, he was sure his friend could pull anything off though he was getting hotter by the day. His friend was laying on his back on the floor, looking at the ceiling like it had all the answers.

They were at Harry's lazing around in the living room talking about the progress (or lack of, more alike) that Zayn made with Liam. It was easy to say that Harry was disappointed and wanted to slap Liam around the head so badly.

"Sure, Zee, what is it?" Harry demanded from the couch, on his back as well.

"What happened with Louis?" Zayn asked, his tone implied no doubt about him knowing something definitely happened.

Harry was grateful at that moment that Zayn wasn't looking at his face. He widened his eyes and felt his jaw slackened as a reaction. He almost choked with his spit looking for words -Breathe- he repeated to himself.