Is this a dream or my worst nightmare?

Usually when you watch movies about people going to chase their dreams, the main character of the movie is always sweet and courageous, the plot usually makes him go through hell before achieving their goals. Real life sometimes is not like that.

~ * ~

When Luke and Harry arrived in LA and stepped for the first time on the hot pavement and the hustle of the city there was an excitement that made them both shake and gasp. It was exhilarating. They could both feel the bag of opportunities that this city had ready for them. It was such a contrast from London. Starting from the weather that already got them sweating to the people who seemed all in a hurry to something important.

Harry held Luke's hand tight and turned to look him in the eyes. The smile his boyfriend had conveyed the same level of excitement. He seemed to be breathing faster, and kind of overwhelmed.

"We're here, babe!" Harry squealed.

Luke hugged him and gave him a passionate kiss. "We are here, love,"

They were in front of the cheap hotel room they could afford for a couple of weeks until they found a flat to rent. Both sweaty and sticky from the sudden change of weather and them still wearing joggers and sweaters, which at the moment seemed like a good idea to travel comfy but now it had become just a sauna. They went in and got checked in. Immediately falling face first to the bedroom, tired for all the hours travelling the little to none sleep they had the day before and jet lag.

"We need to start looking for a permanent place to stay," Luke mumbled, eyelids slowly blinking.

"Tomorrow, Lu. today sleep," was all Harry was able to voice out of his exhausted body. He wasn't able to sleep through the flight, legs too long to fit comfortably in the plain seat.

They managed to take out their shoes and their clothes, crawled to the bed and didn't even care to cover with a blanket before they were out cold.

The following weeks they spent their time looking for a good flat that wouldn't leave them out of savings in the first month, and looking for jobs. They didn't even have the time to be proper tourists, they were men on a mission from day one. Harry loved that his boyfriend was right on board with him and being as fierce as he was. They were lucky, they found a beautiful studio apartment that wasn't far from the heart of the city.

Harry had a tough case of insomnia the first few days. They would lay in bed cuddling and it was like Luke could sense something was wrong.

"Baby, you're not sleeping, what happened?" Luke whispered in Harry's ear.

"Is it silly that I miss my bed? And that there are too many noises that don't let me sleep? And above that I can't turn off my brain," Harry breathed exhausted but still unable to sleep.

"I think it's completely normal, you're just having a rough time adjusting to everything," his boyfriend reasoned.

"I guess that could be it," Harry mumbled. He heard a noise coming from the kitchen and immediately went rigid and got scared.

"What's wrong, H?" Luke whispered, still patient and sweet.

"You won't judge me if I tell you a secret?" Harry asked, he knew his boyfriend was a very kind person but he still was scared to be mocked.

"I would never, my love," Luke answered, kissing Harry's temple.

Harry took a deep breath and trusted his boyfriend once again. "I'm scared, not about the future, not about something deep, I'm just scared of the noises in the house. I've seen too many scary movies that happen to be all from the US, not to mention the criminal shows. Everytime I hear someone walking pass our front door I feel like it's murder coming for us," he confessed, feeling shivers down his spine. "Please don't laugh, because I'm serious," he added after a long silence.