Chapter 13

As we walk out of the How, I let go of Edmund's hand.

"I'm going to go speak with Susan," I tell him. His face is solemn as he nods.

I hasten after Susan and grab her arm as I catch up to her.

"Susan," I say. "Susan are you ok?"

"Did you not see what just happened in there?" She says to me. "My brother is fighting with Caspian on everything. Not only is it putting me in a very awkward position, it's stressing Lucy out and confusing everyone else. They're supposed to be our leaders and they just about offed each other earlier!"

"I'm sorry, Sue," I tell her. "I haven't really spoken to you since the attack. I assumed you were alright. I didn't think how Peter and Caspian's disagreement might affect you. Have you talked to them about it?"

"I believe Caspian's professor is talking to him about it now," she gestures up to the How, where Caspian and his beloved professor were talking. "As much as rescuing the professor threw off our battle, Caspian seems more at ease with him here."

"That's what went wrong? Caspian diverted from the plan for his professor?"

"Yes, he threatened his uncle Miraz's life after his professor told him Miraz was responsible for his father's death," Susan said solemnly. "Miraz's wife shot Caspian in the arm and screamed bloody murder as Miraz escaped. It was awful."

"Oh...that's what that was," I realized what had set off the plan.

"Caspian apologized to me privately, but I think he may be too prideful to say he's sorry to Peter. More so now that he nearly succumbed to the White Witch."

"I see," I bite my lip trying to think of how we could fix the issue. "I don't suppose Peter the Magnificent would apologize to Caspian for lashing out?"

Susan gives me a doubtful look.

"I thought not," I shake my head. "Maybe Edmund could talk to Peter?"

Susan looks up at me confused.

"About what?" She asked.

"I don't know, but he seems to be the voice of reason recently. I think Peter might listen to him. He owes him at least that after what just happened with the Witch."

"Yes, you're right," Sue says. "He certainly won't listen to me. He seems to think I've betrayed him."

"What?" I say shocked.

"I didn't actually betray him," she explains. "I did, however, run off to Caspian after their little argument when we arrived back."

"Oh?" I raise my eyebrows.

"Nothing happened, really," Sue blushes. "He simply told me his whole story with the loss of his father, his uncle's abuse, his escape from Telmar, and all of that, which is why he's so emotional about this whole thing. Not to mention he feels like he's betraying his people."

"I can't imagine," I say. "Why are you blushing Sue?"

"Perhaps Caspian mentioned that he was glad I was there while taking my hand," she looks down hiding a smile.

"Ahh, I see," I laugh. "I knew you fancied him."

"Do not," she tries to say seriously, but immediately breaks into a smile. "Maybe a little."

I nudge her and laugh.

"Well, as long as we're confessing, your brother kissed me."

"I'm sorry, what?!" Susan stares at me.

I nod and smile.

"I knew you two had a spark! All it took was a little war," we both laugh.

"We probably shouldn't make a joke of the situation," I say with a sigh.

"You're right," she agrees. "I'll talk to Caspian about Peter if you talk to Ed about talking to Peter."

"And you'll update me when we get back?" I say with a small smile. "You know...in case something interesting happens."

"Mmhm." Susan says with an eye roll. "You too. You know what the next step after kissing is?"

"Susan!" I say, shocked at her suggestion.

"I'm just saying!" She sings as she walks towards Caspian and his professor.

I roll my eyes.

Narnia. This plays is doing strange things to us.

I head off to find King Edmund.