Chapter 19

"Y/n! Y/n!"

I hear my name being called in the distance...or nearby...I couldn't tell. I feel my limp body be lifted up. Everything is very fuzzy, but I suddenly feel a heavy pressure and sharp pain on my stomach. I open my eyes slightly and see Edmund holding me and Susan applying pressure to my wound. I close my eyes again and lose consciousness.

I come to a few minutes later and I'm still in Edmund's arms. He's kneeling on the sand with me on his lap.

"Y/n, Y/n wake up. We've done it," I hear Edmund's say. "Please, Aslan, help her."

At the mention of Aslan's name I feel pain surge through my whole body. It was a weird sensation. It definitely hurt, but it felt like a good pain. The kind when you remove a splinter. I feel my breathing steady and my eyes open. I look around and see the Pevensies, Caspian, and a massive golden beast above me.

"Aslan," I whisper. I immediately reposition myself so that I'm kneeling before the dangerously good Lion. I bow my head before him, and Peter, Edmund, Lucy, Susan, and Caspian do the same.

"Rise, Kings and Queens of Narnia," Aslan speaks, his voice sounds like what I would imagine a shimmering gold would sound like.

The Pevensies rise to their feet, but Caspian and I remain kneeling.

"All of you," Aslan coaxes. Caspian stands but I remain kneeling as I am no royal.

"Y/n," Aslan says to me. I look up at him.

"Dear one, you have fought as one who loves Narnia as her own, and you shall be rewarded as such," he says. "Rise, Queen Y/n the Wise."

I stand with tears of joy in my eyes.

"Thank you, Aslan," I nod to him. "Being here is a great honor. I do not deserve what you have bestowed upon me, but I am grateful. I will honor you and Narnia always."

"I know you will, and that is why I know you are worthy of your title," Aslan nodded to me.

I hear a light song being played behind me. I turn to the side and see three mice carrying Reepicheep on a small stretcher. Lucy runs up and pours some of her healing cordial into his the mouse's mouth. He takes a sudden breath and wakes.

"Thank you, your majesty," the mouse say. "Hail Aslan. It's a great honor to be-oh!"

Reepicheep notices his tale had been cut off in the battle.

"Maybe a drop more?" He asks Lucy hopefully.

"I...don't think it does that," Lucy says.

Aslan chuckles at the mouse's adamance and restores Reepicheep's tail.

"Look! Look!" Reepicheep spins around trying to get a look at his tail.

"Thank you, my liege! I will treasure it always," the mouse gushes. "From this day forward, it will serve as a great reminder of my huge humility."

We all laughed as Reepicheep continued to beam at Aslan while trying to get a look at his new tail once more.

"Now, where is this dear little friend you've told me so much about?" Aslan asks Lucy.

We all turn our eyes towards Trumpkin, who's directing soldiers out of the river. Aslan roars powerfully in Trumpkin's direction as the dwarf takes a knee, clearly in shock and awe of the magnificent creature in front of him.

"Do you see him now?" Lucy asks sassily.

We all laugh and look at each other, happy that all we had fought for was ours.