My Side Of The Family

I had honestly thought she would have changed her ways. But she obviously still doesn't care about how I feel. She might have been treating Juliette's children better. But not my side of the family. She still treats everybody on my side of the family the same as before Casita broke. (Which is definitely not a good thing.)

I felt sprinkles of rain over my head as I sat on the cold floor of my room. I was supposed to be sleeping.
But of course I'm sprinkling! Now drizzling... "Clear Skies Clear skies!" I say to myself.

I take a deep breath. Perhaps it just hasn't been enough time. Maybe she will change.  Just slowly...
I sat on the hard cold floor for a long time spacing out.

DOLORES POV:

I had heard my mother and Abuela talking about
Mariano and I. Apparently, Abuela thinks that Isabela would have been a better match...What does Isabela have that I don't? We're both imperfect. We're both twenty one. We are both lady's ...

Maybe she's just prettier and more useful in Abuela's eyes. But Abuela knows that Isabella doesn't like Mariano. And she KNEW I could hear what she said.

It wasn't fair how she said that! Me and Mariano are dating! I'd think she would treat Isabela and I the same. But apparently Isabela is still her favorite Madrigal. Even after her change.

PEPA'S POV:

A loud knock on my door woke me up. "Pepa it's almost breakfast you and Camilo are still sleeping!?" Abuela said. The bright sun from my balcony poured in my room. "Coming!" I said squinting due to the sunshine. I am usually a morning person I just had not gotten enough sleep last night. I unlocked my door and stepped out.

The smell of biscuits filled the air. I closed my door behind me. Abuela had already gone to wake Camilo up. I let out a sigh. hopefully everything would go good today.

I sat down at the table as well as everyone else. Abuela had finally awoken Camilo and everybody had breakfast. During breakfast I noticed that Dolores avoided eye contact with Abuela at the table. A hint of sadness and anger in her expression.

I thought back to when Abuela told me that Isabela and Mariano were a better match (in her opinion.) And before I made another thunderstorm, I stormed to my room to calm down. She obviously must have heard it! Poor Dolores...

This was exactly what I meant! She treats Juliette's side of the family better! I felt a soft drizzle and I knew everyone could see it. That was a con about my gift...

I shooed it away as quickly as I could and tried thinking about how happy my little Antonio is with his gift.

"Mami? Are you okay?" Camilo and Dolores asked.
"Oh yes of course I am!" I said happily. "Oh okay but if you need anything just let us know." Camilo said, turning back to his empty plate.

The fact that my children cared so much about me cheered me up a little. But Abuela should treat them the right way... how she treats Isa, Mirabel, and Luisa.