You Made A Monster.

"So..how exactly do you stop an engagement?" Bruno asked as we walked down the stairs. "I'm not sure,but we'll figure it out eventually. We have three weeks to do so."

Bruno tapped his fingers together as though he wanted to say something. "What?" I sighed. "If you don't know how to stop an engagement,then we don't exactly know how much time it's going to take."
"Ok then,do you have any ideas?"
"No...that's why I asked you in the first place."
I rolled my eyes.

"Everybody at the dining table!" Abuela called. Like old times,me and Bruno rushed down the stairs pushing each other out of the way. "No fair,you cheated!" Bruno complained.
"There's no rules in war." I said smirking at him.

"Everybody sit,I have an announcement to make before we begin our meal."
This was going to be about the proposal wasn't it?

When everybody took their seats,Abuela began her announcement. "I wanted to state that Mariano is going to propose to Dolores In three weeks. It was going to be two,but I decided that giving Dolores a little bit more time would be better for her."   Isabella's face went blank and she glanced around the room. I saw her whispering something,probably communicating with Dolores. Dolores shook her head. "No? Didn't we talk about this yesterday night?" Abuela asked alarmed.

"Oh,Yes,sorry! ." Dolores said immediately. "Great,I also just wanted to make sure Juliette gets supplies for the food" Abuela said,as Juliette nodded,looking very tired and exhausted from standing out in the hot sun all morning handing out food for injured people.

  "Anyway,Isabella can you pass me the broccoli?" Abuela asked. "Mmhm" Isabella passed the broccoli to Abuela. Everybody passed the food around,taking what they wanted.  "No Camilo,you may not have seconds. You hadn't even finished the food you already have on your plate. Also I don't care if you think you can finish it all." Abuela said just as Camilo was about to say something. He slumped back into his chair, disappointed.

  While I was eating I watched as Isabella whispered things,and Dolores replied to them with signals,all throughout lunch. After, Isabella grabbed Dolores by her arm and pulled her aside as Juliette and Mirabel cleaned the table,along with Augustíne who almost dropped a plate when helping. Poor guy,he means well but he's an accident-prone.

  "Oh I have an idea!" Bruno exclaimed out of nowhere,causing me to jump back out of fear.
A lightning bolt almost struck him as I did. He shrieked "EEK!"   "Sorry,sorry! What were you going to say?"

   "I have an idea! May not be a good one but it's still something!" Bruno stated proudly "What if you just tell her the truth!"  I looked at him judgmentally.
"I told you it wouldn't be good." He said shrugging.

  "So,I should tell her,   mother, Dolores doesn't want you to set up a proposal,basically she doesn't want to get engaged to Mariano just yet. And I will not let you control my daughters life."
"Per-..." Bruno stopped mid sentence and began fiddling with his fingers. "Excuse me?" I heard Abuela say from behind me.
"All I want is for my grand baby to bring more magical blessings to the family. I'm sure Dolores has no problem with that. And I don't need you to object!" She pointed her finger at me.

    A cloud hovered above my head,raining down on me. "She's right Abuela,my prima doesn't want to get engaged so soon." Isabella spoke up, standing in the far left corner of the dining room with Dolores.

  Mirabel,Juliette,and Augustíne  stopped clearing the table to turn their attention to them.

  "What?" Abuela said acting confused.
"SHE SAID,DOLORES DOESN'T WANT TO GET ENGAGED!" I yelled. "Don't raise your voice at me!" Abuela fought back. "Sorry,didn't think you could HEAR!" I said sarcastically.

"Oh you think your so amazing don't you?"
  "Why would you think me standing up for my daughter,would be me thinking I'm amazing!"
"You mean BREAKING your daughter by disapproving of her proposal!"

  "NEVER!" I shrieked,offended by what my mother said. Lightning struck all around me almost hitting her.
She gasped in horror "look what your becoming! A MONSTER!"
"Well guess who created this monster? You!"

  "Stop!" Camilo cried,comforting his sister. "your hurting her ears..."