Gift Switch

Isabela looked at Antonio, speechless, and looked even more confused herself. "I-I-maybe?" Isabela answered after a while. "He...probably just likes me?" She guessed. "Maybe..," Antonio said. "He sure does love chewing your slippers."

Isabela's eyes widened. "Wait he-!" "That doesn't matter now, we have to get back to Casita." I cut in, rubbing dirt of of my yellow dress.

I spotted Abuela in the back of the crowd of people, she didn't seem surprised for some reason. I guess that Parce could really like Isabela, but it's honestly highly unlikely.

"Yeah, I was thinking the same thing, sis," Juliette said. "It's freezing."
I nodded in response, watching Bruno dust himself off as well. He was covered in dirt, I mean, I would know why.

A cold breeze flew by, sending a shiver down my spine, making me want to go back to Casita even more. I hadn't realized I could barely feel my fingers anymore. I glanced at the night sky, just because.

Many stars were visible, their light shone brightly and illuminated the night sky. I have never taken the time to realize how beautiful it was— other than the few times me, Bruno, and Juliette star-gazed at our little hideout.

"We should get going, then. Shouldn't we, Pepa?" Abuela said, gaining the family's attention. "Yes, we should..." I replied, nodding my head respectfully, though I was still very mad at her.

Now that we were all back at Casita, where it was nice, cozy, and warm, my son offered me a hot cup of tea as he always did.

"Thank you, Camilo. I appreciate it." I said. I took the tea cup from him, watching as he bowed dramatically and left my side.

I just then noticed the cut on my arm, but I simply tried my best to ignore it.

To my surprise, when I took a sip of the soothing tea, the cut had faded away like it would when Juliette gave her food to injured villagers.

I sat there for what felt like an eternity, all my other thoughts were pushed aside as new ones rushed in.
How...
Did the gifts switch? They came back! But...they're switched? Isabela has Antonio's...Camilo has Juliette's?
Or, it's just a strange coincidence?

I inhaled sharply, trying to clear my mind from all of the thoughts and pay no attention to what just happened. There was clearly an explanation for it.
I repeated the two words in my mind to help forget the strange coincidence, Clear Skies.

"FAMILY! WE HAVE A PROBLEM, COME TO THE DINING ROOM TO DISCUSS." Abuela yelled. Her voice sounded like booming thunder, almost as worse as the thunder I make.
This doesn't have anything to do with a gift-switch, does it?

Everybody sat at the table, Luisa was sitting beside Abuela, whispering something to her while rubbing her arm nervously. It was easy to notice her eye twitching uncontrollably as well.

"Familia," Abuela started. "I'm afraid there might have been a gift-switch."

After that, the room was already filled with loud whispers.

•••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••

Sorry for not posting in a while. I was busy with other things which made it hard too catch up on writing. I just wanted to let you guys know, I apologize for the long wait. Yet, I can't promise you it won't happen again. -1235678READ