Flowers

You walk down the crowded marketplace with a list of things you need. Mostly food because with the little money you have, you can't afford much else.

There are many people hectically rushing from market stall to market stall. From the windows, there are aunties watching. You can hear mothers calling after their children and in front of the housewall next to you men are playing cheerful music. It reminds you of home.

Only after you pushed yourself through the crowd to a rather empty stall, you notice all the pink flower decorations. They are beautiful. You might as well pick one of the flowers beside you.

"Ey, don't pick them!" A young woman approaches you. Then with a little twirl her appearance changes to that of a teen boy.

Before you could say sorry, a very much not meant: "what the fuck" comes out of your mouth. It takes a millisecond for you to realize what you just said to this stranger. His expression tells you that he is just as shocked as you.

"I just... I didn't mean to say that or to pick your flowers! I'm so sorry" you try to explain.

He awkwardly smiles: "It was a joke anyways you don't need to apologize for picking one tiny flower. But I admit saying 'what the fuck' to someone you just met isn't the nicest thing to do. Are you new here?" To answer just the last part you nod.

He puts his hand out: "Camilo. Nice to meet you flowerpicker!"

You found it hard not to smile. The way he teasingly called you 'flower picker'. You took his hand like you've known each other for years: "My name is Y/N." "Can you shapeshift?! Well no that's obvious but you know how did you do this? Oh sorry is this too sudden to ask?"

Camilo breaks out in a childish laughter. You could swear he had tears in his eyes!

"Y/N you're the funniest!"

While you awkwardly stand there waiting for him to stop laughing he catches his breath again: "You know what flower picker? I know a place that has plenty of these pretty flowers!" His green eyes spread so much of his pure joy.

One of his curls falls into his face covering the freckles on his nose, and almost reflexive you reach to Camilo's face to brush it behind his ear.

He gets flustered. You know because of the light red that's spreading across his cheeks.

Camilo is actually really cute. But wait you didn't come here to make new friends! You need food!