Two shapeshifters

A/N: I'm still sick and it was really hard to concentrate. My mind was kind of all over the place so please bear with me if things don't make sense in this part.

~~~

Camilo hides his face in embarrassment. Why do they have to eavesdrop on them?! He looks at you with a big smile and confidently says: "I love you too!"

"I can shapeshift btw." You were so overwhelmed it just slipped out of your mouth. "What-" Out of anything this was not an answer he expected.

"I thought if we're already having a talk like this-"

A million thoughts are rattling through your mind. Why did you say that!? Why the hell did you just tell him that!? The mood is completely ruined now! You did something wrong! He hates you now!

Look, this could have been an 'I finally revealed my emotional backstory and now we have a romantic happy end' moment BUT NO you ruined everything!

"Y/N are you for real?!" Camilo asks with a stunned expression. It got a little awkward. "Uh anyways..." you say and lean forward. Your nose is almost touching his. "Isn't this where you usually kiss?" you say to lighten the mood a bit.

And maybe also to calm yourself down.

Camilo doesn't answer so you ask instead: "Can I ?"

He shakes his head: "No. First, tell me more about your miracle. You aren't joking, right? Why didn't you tell us earlier? Isn't this something important?"

Damn hearing Camilo say 'no' hits in the feels. You mumble: "I don't like talking about it."

He tilts his head: "Okay that's fine but I don't want that you lie to me. For us to help you, we need some trust in each other you know?" He leans close to your face and you feel his warm lips kissing you on the mouth.

He feels weird. Not the kiss! The kiss was like heaven but his attitude. It somehow changed. Was he demanding of knowing these things about you or was he just worried? Or did he try to be kind?? Humans are so fricking complicated!

Ugh you don't like this.

"Is something wrong?" he asks.

The answer to his question always had to be that you're totally okay, healthy and happy. It's auto memory at this point.

But something was wrong because he expects you to tell him so much yet he never talked about himself before. Or maybe that's just how it seems to you and he didn't mean it like that? Maybe you just overthink.

So you answer Camilo: "No don't worry I was just lost in thoughts."

You try to shake off your feelings. This isn't home. Camilo isn't like them. He was just being nice.

It's really hard to change your way of thinking after so many years of abuse.

"Not everything is okay cariño. I can see that." he says "let's go to my room we might have more privacy there if you want to talk about it. Or I could take you on a date to a beautiful spot at a river. Trust me it's pretty and there's flowers!"

"A date? I just cried be more sensitive Camilo." You have to chuckle a bit.

He pouts jokingly: "That was me being sensitive!"

"The river sounds good then. Uh, but before we go do you have a tissue for me?" You wouldn't go on a date with a snotty nose and tears in the corners of your eyes.