The calm before the storm

You woke up pretty late and missed breakfast. Camilo was already awake and doing chores around town so he would have time for you later.

On your way to the kitchen, you pass Isabella. She is the one who told you where Camilo was. You also asked her about breakfast and it was two hours ago. You really overslept. What time is it now?

You eat some leftovers and grab a fruit from the kitchen. Then you decide to do something for yourself today.

The last time you could do this was in your old village. But today will be different. You're free to do whatever you want. You think of what to do first. To get a good look at the village and for some fresh air, you allow yourself to climb onto the roof of the casita. The kids do it all the time so it should be fine if you go up there too. You climb as high as you can.

You found a comfortable seating position and start eating the fruit you grabbed. A gentle breeze blows through your hair. The village looks nice from above. It looks so tiny surrounded by all the wilderness.

You can see Luisa carrying donkeys from one place to another but spotting Camilo will be impossible so you give up.

Your vision isn't the best but you try to look for stores. There are lots of people in front of one building which you assume to be a coffee shop or a bar. You barely have enough money to buy yourself food so going to a shop is useless anyways.

Oh, maybe you can explore the narrow pathways between the houses! You finished eating and quickly climb down.

There are lots of cats dozing off in the sunspots. They must be here every day since in front of some doors people put water and cat food. Oh to be a cat napping in the sun.

After a few minutes of walking, you start talking to some random guy. Just random small-talk. You were awful at it but then he introduced you to his family. Forget stranger danger his mom was super fun to be around!

It was a good day. Nothing much happened but it's good that way. It could be like this every day.

The Madrigals are all great people but spending some alone time and meeting new people was refreshing.

And knowing that you're welcome at their house at the end of the day makes it even better. As you walk back to the casita you already daydream about what you will eat for dinner later.

Poor Camilo didn't get to see you all day. He can sleep in the same bed as you so that makes up the time. You have to chuckle a little because you have to think of him.